Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Public/Private ISP String
So if I have FastCert and I enter in my ISP's Public String by getting the public string by downloading config file and putting it into Vulture Ware to get the string name will that give me MAC's from other nodes or the node i am in. And Question #2, if I somehow get the private string and enter that in instead to FastCert what will it give me? (comcast)
[Image: 2067907098.png]
The private string will allow you put a modem into factory mode and get the certs out of it.
There has been tons of talk about private strings. I have found 0. I can pull 4 string from a config from Vulture Ware 2 of the strings work the outer 2 do not allow me to scan. Any help would be thankful via pm please.
(03-09-2012, 07:46 AM)BornDirty Wrote: There has been tons of talk about private strings. I have found 0. I can pull 4 string from a config from Vulture Ware 2 of the strings work the outer 2 do not allow me to scan. Any help would be thankful via pm please.

Maybe you guys can't find it because it doesn't exist?
The biggest devil deception is to convince the world he doesn't exist. Just reverse it in this case.
You might be right. There are a few strings that allow you to pull and a few that are useless .

(03-09-2012, 10:43 AM)torro32 Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 07:46 AM)BornDirty Wrote: There has been tons of talk about private strings. I have found 0. I can pull 4 string from a config from Vulture Ware 2 of the strings work the outer 2 do not allow me to scan. Any help would be thankful via pm please.

Maybe you guys can't find it because it doesn't exist?
The biggest devil deception is to convince the world he doesn't exist. Just reverse it in this case.

(03-09-2012, 05:36 AM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: The private string will allow you put a modem into factory mode and get the certs out of it.
can u plz tell me how to put a modem into factory mode?HuhConfused
fast cert only searches for modem in factory mode
thanxxx
The Public String is read only and is passed from the ISP side to the Customer side. Again, it is read only

The private String is ISP side only and is never passed to the Customer side.

Private String is Write /Read. Full Control of the Network Elements (CM's)

Quote:Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software (IOS) could allow a remote attacker to obtain the cable-docsis read-write community string to reconfigure the Cisco device. This is caused by a vulnerability in the implementation of DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification)-compliant standards. By default, the cable-docsis read-write community string is undocumented and enabled.

Again, CISCO IOS Firmware fixed the "flaw" and , again. And undocumented TELNET command.
P.S
I think I found the TELNET command to read the Private String in TELNET after registration.

Knowledge=Power
(03-09-2012, 03:55 PM)ABMJR Wrote: Again, CISCO IOS Firmware fixed the "flaw" and , again. And undocumented TELNET command.
P.S
I think I found the TELNET command to read the Private String in TELNET after registration.

That would be awesome to have a TELNET command to read the Private String after registration then no more updating the firmware to try and grab it.
You guys do you realize that this shit has nothing to do with what you're trying to do right?
I wish I knew more so i could sit back and laugh at it all also
thanks teddy