Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Just a general question :D
(06-08-2012, 06:27 PM)ABMJR Wrote: Yes, change the routers WAN MAC Address but make sure the modem is off...then reboot the modem, connect the router to th modem and walla!

aight, so i did exactly what you said.

should my speeds go back up to 22mbps like it was yesterday? because b4 i did the router, i was only maxing 8mbps.

[Image: 2104741248.png]

Dont think my internet has 50mbps yet, otherwise i would've gone up to 50mbps. So, i guess my street has about 22mbps only atm.

gunna have to call suddenlink to see what they say if we got 50mbps or not. lol. Big Grin

YAY! My speeds back up, THANK YOU ABMJR!

Now, i want to ask another question right quick.

I noticed, when i mdownloading something big like pers ay 4GB. After maxing out at 2.5/2.4MB/s download speed.

My modem would still say solid lights, but my internet goes out:?: why is this?

I noticed, when i mdownloading something big like pers ay 4GB. After maxing out at 2.5/2.4MB/s download speed.

we are not psychic! Post a telnet log so you can see what cfg file you get sent and if there are any errors. The event log only shows enough info to say whether or not your modem works....not WHY it won't. Your ISP might be throttling you. Force encryption on your torrent client and change ports often.
(06-08-2012, 07:54 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: I noticed, when i mdownloading something big like pers ay 4GB. After maxing out at 2.5/2.4MB/s download speed.

we are not psychic! Post a telnet log so you can see what cfg file you get sent and if there are any errors. The event log only shows enough info to say whether or not your modem works....not WHY it won't. Your ISP might be throttling you. Force encryption on your torrent client and change ports often.

Nothing wrong with Internet. But when downloading at Mäx speeds it just goes odd line even tho modem has all 4 solid and online.
I doubt that your ISP will be able to let you force a custom config file...
[Image: 2067907098.png]
(07-08-2012, 01:06 AM)Stoowyguy Wrote: I doubt that your ISP will be able to let you force a custom config file...

yet, it did work Tongue

My origonal paid subscriber is 15mbps. it went up to 20-22mbps max total.

I dont think we have 50mbps yet, i thought we did. But guess not.

but i cant download anything atm without it closing our server off thought, so im sorta stuck.

(07-08-2012, 02:01 AM)Tropical Wrote: yeah and i pay for 5mb/s down and 750kb/s up but i get 40/5.

nice, i wish i could download at the max 2.5MB/s, but sadly i cant with my internet going offline after 2-4 minutes of downloading an ittem off of the internet.

Really bugging me.

2.5 MB/s = 20 mb/s

still acceptable
Knowledge=Power
(07-08-2012, 03:40 PM)ABMJR Wrote: 2.5 MB/s = 20 mb/s

still acceptable

yeah, but any idea on my current issue though:?:

what are your signal levels again?
Knowledge=Power
(07-08-2012, 09:27 PM)ABMJR Wrote: what are your signal levels again?

Uptime: 1d 02h 00m 33s
Memory: 394KiB/2748KiB (14%)
DS: 9.4 dBmV/40.3 dB US: 49.0 dBmV
Haxorware
Version 1.1 Revision 39