Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101E firmware questions
Hi, I have a sb5101e running fine, I have haxorware rev39 diag final on it. But I am not sure what shelled firmware its running. I entered cmts info of subbed modem in stealth so its not there any longer.

Im wondering is there a way to see what version of firmware I am running. Also, can someone explain to me what the letters at the end of a firmware signify

i.e.

2.7.6.0-ga-00-diag-nndmn

I find that some telent commands are not supported on my modem, even though I have seen people post these commands on forums and work on sb5101 series. Are the commands limited to the firmware version, amount of ram, etc...

thanks.
i'll guess your running lite and not diag
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Lite has less features than DIAG...

What does this mean?

Quote:I enetered cmts info of subbed modem in stealth so its not there any longer.
Knowledge=Power

What I meant by this was the version of firmware I had loaded onto my modem originally had the fw version written in the "Software Version" section on the modems stealth page located at 192.168.100.1/stealth.html
I deleted this string and entered one of a brand of sub that the ISP issues to customers.

I can assure you it is a diag version as I originally had Lite and needed to flash to a Dag to be able to edit max cpe via telnet. I can access and run all commands that the "help!" command displays via telnet when logged into the modem, but there are a lot of commands that do not work. Which is why I was asking, what do the letters at the end of firmware version signify? Should I update the diag firmware to a later version, would it support more commands? Thanks for responding guys. I know you both very well and have great respect for you both, ABMJR, your pdf's are priceless.

Just to be clear, I have access on a d3 network with a sub and this test d2 modem, I want to simply learn more, but do not want to waste my time if I am limited by this version of firmware I am running, or is it a ram issue (stock ram). Thanks again guys.
Actually, I do not know if the FW offers more commands. Most ISP's have TELNET access to the shell disabled after registration...

This maybe one of the "features" you dont want...
Knowledge=Power
Yes, I saw your post on sbh about that, luckily I still have access after registration. I am specifically trying to run snmp bulk get commands and also trying to pull logs, only to be met with "this command is not supported", strange.
That maybe one of the commands that are disabled...try to do the command and see if it executes without the cable attached..
Knowledge=Power
(02-08-2012, 06:21 PM)coldfusion Wrote: I can assure you it is a diag version as I originally had Lite and needed to flash to a Dag to be able to edit max cpe via telnet.

what? haxor always sets the max cpe to 32 changing it does nothing (ok this comment is offtopic at this point but still)

__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
32 CPE's are based on a switch...Used a router, enable DHCP locally and blow your head off

or use a 4 port router, each port into a Router and each with a 3rd octet 1 higher than the previous one..

128 computers/IP's

Damn Im good..

Knowledge=Power
lol, that's great info there AMBJR, drew, okay yes, I realised that after the fact, I was a n00b to it all back when I was trying to figure a way past bpi+ and along the way I had to change from Lite to Diag to achieve that, I remember the rfeason for thbe change at that time was something to do with changing the max cpe because I had a shitty dsl router hooked up to modem and could only run 3 devices simultaneously in my house. (This is on the test modem). Since then though I have gotten a 4 port router (non dsl) and linked it directly to the modem. But as you said, not the issue, just believe me when I say, it is a DIAG build of fw. I am in search of the private string for snmp scanning, doing it via ip network in Solarwinds works but theres a lot of manual work just to get a few macs, anyway, I want to get further than that, I just love this networking stuff and not being able to run certain snmp commands in telnet is killing me. It took a while to get used to telnet and where to enter commands, lately it seems if you know when and where to enter commands you can have Xams at your house, this is why I am trying to find why I cant run certain snmp commands. Ok sometimes the telnet is laggy due to stock ram in the modem, but usually thats not an issue. Thanks for your time fellas, and keep dropping those subtle hints ABMJR, im following the trail and hearing you loud and clear, just in the correct order I hope =)