Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motorola sb5101 modem unable to connect to internet.
Hello all, up until a few days ago my modem was working just fine connecting to the internet no speed or disconnet issue. But now the modem is refuse to get online won't go past the receiving point when trying to go online, it just stays there with the light blinking at the receiving point. I tried rebooting the modem still nothing. My theory about why its unable to connect now is think my isp may have done some adjustment on there end to prevent the modem from accessing the internet anymore using their cable. I know this cause I have a friend who also using a moded uncap modem like mine who is also experiencing the same problem. I also asked some friends who have normal internet from my isp they net was working fine. So its not a global internet issue on there end. My question is there some way to work around this so call posible "fix"? I will also try to post an event log of my modem incase there is something I'm missing in there. I am not very skilled in the modding modem department but if theirs something I can do please let me kno thanks! Using version 1.1 revision39

Attached Files
.txt   event%20log.txt (Size: 8.23 KB / Downloads: 43)
New security? You didn't say your ISP and does your subbed modem work? And wrong logs... Get ready for all the flamers.
No I will not help you if only have a few worthless post on the forum.
wrong log need a telnet log, but a t1 error is caused by not receiving a valid UCD from the CMTS within the specified time
so what are your signal levels
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(21-07-2012, 06:13 PM)drewmerc Wrote: wrong log need a telnet log, but a t1 error is caused by not receiving a valid UCD from the CMTS within the specified time
so what are your signal levels

Yeah check signal levels looks like the modem never sync to me.
Apalogize for the newbie question I may ask, I am new at this moddin thing but I am very interested in learning more about it. Ok someone ask what was my isp earlier this is it
http://wivtc.com/ and your right dew when I check the signal status I'm getting 453 mhz frequency, receive power is -14.6 dbmv signal to noise ratio 34.2 dB, also I am unsure how to do a telnet log of the modem. And yeah dew on the signal status page of the modem it also said not synced
Your signal is just barely within spec. Remove as many splitters as possible or better yet, do a straight run of quality rg6 (coax cable) from the modem to the house tap, bypassing the rest of the house. Tv can run on a weak signal but your modem will only tolerate so much noise.
(22-07-2012, 06:52 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Your signal is just barely within spec. Remove as many splitters as possible or better yet, do a straight run of quality rg6 (coax cable) from the modem to the house tap, bypassing the rest of the house. Tv can run on a weak signal but your modem will only tolerate so much noise.
idk if signal has anything to do with it, the modem is connected direct to a spliter that's from the main cable. So its only the tv and modem connected to our tv. Also a while back had a technician came over to fix an issue we were having our cable cause the tv was very unstable. Kept saying no signal to contact provider.since the tv wasn't function right the internet was not stable also. Guy said signal was too high, and if was too high would not work right after he made the adjustment everything was up and runing perfectly. Up until a few days ago the modem d\c and was unable to fully reconnect since. And main reason why thought might be some new security by my provider, mine and many others who are using the uncap modded modem went down around same day. Also when I reconnect my sub modem the one was provided by my isp. Unbricked unmod, within secons after connecting it to the cable and booting was
Fully connect and online. Can't go online on it cause not subscribe to internet from them.
(22-07-2012, 11:42 AM)toooslim Wrote: Can't go online on it cause not subscribe to internet from them.

banned to stupid to mod

__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Quote:Can't go online on it cause not subscribe to internet from them.

Well...

I laughed pretty good..

@ drewmerc...

Lets see what your status is @ SBH by the end of the day
Knowledge=Power