Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Different MACs
So I've been testing different MAC address and I tried one that had a Spiedtier config on it and it worked for about a day and then the next day it was still "Operational" it just wouldn't for some reason give either my computer or my Router an Ip to use for some reason.. What are your thoughts.. What can I do to get a "valid" ip?
[Image: 2067907098.png]
try to change your ip and do a reboot of the modem
sigh...

how about an actual log so i don't have to guess.
(21-07-2012, 07:23 AM)Stoowyguy Wrote: So I've been testing different MAC address and I tried one that had a Spiedtier config on it and it worked for about a day and then the next day it was still "Operational" it just wouldn't for some reason give either my computer or my Router an Ip to use for some reason.. What are your thoughts.. What can I do to get a "valid" ip?

What config does it still have?
Free Lunch is Always Yummy.Tongue
Im was trying out the SpeedTierExtreme2 config file
Should I go on TELNET and post a log?
[Image: 2067907098.png]
Operational and no IP means a 169.xx.xx.xx. Thus, NO DHCP server was found and an IP wasnt offered. New Security M8.

The CMTS is verifying your HFC MAC. I imagine at some point, full certs and co-cvc will be needed
Knowledge=Power
(23-07-2012, 05:41 AM)Stoowyguy Wrote: Im was trying out the SpeedTierExtreme2 config file
Should I go on TELNET and post a log?

If you still can use prov mac only then just change your cpe or router mac
and do a reboot . You also need to clear your logs frequently. Pm me if you have questions. A lot of spy here lurking around accusing me of not helping but the truth is in the pm. lol.

Knowledge is free.
Free Lunch is Always Yummy.Tongue