Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need Help & Advice in modding & config sb5101
Smile 
Hi,

I've been reading this forum for quite sometimes, and now decided to post my question here.

my current situation:
i have 1 modem provided by my ISP (Cisco 2100) which i found out is a rebranding of webstar

1 Modem Motorola SB 5101i (modded haxorware ver 1.1 rev 39)

1 Modem Motorola SB 51011i (virgin / unmodded, gonna be my experimental modem start from fresh)

I able to use the modded motorola with my original mac, and achieve my original speed... I tried sniff some mac address and succeed to get a few working macs which have various speed capped.

My questions are:
1. My pc have a serial on the mainboard pcb itself (not in the back panel) can i use an adapter in order to use a DIY Jtag Serial Cable?

2. How about: usb ttl <-- can i use it to Jtag my "virgin" modem?

3. What's the most effective/efficient solution to jtag my modem? I could easily ask my friend to help me out, but i feel want to learn myself, moreover he quite busy this few weeks

4. Any tutorial on how to force config or retrieve/edit nonvol setting and make it to uncapped? I dont really understand about nonvol & config, however i have several mac which i can use

Any answer or input very much appreciated..
Thank you in advance..

If you was reading like you stated you wouldn't asking all these question because all of them already posted here.
(17-07-2012, 03:03 PM)sixteen Wrote: If you was reading like you stated you wouldn't asking all these question because all of them already posted here.

yeah, some of it already stated such as usb jtagnt, but i also asking if i able to use adapter to connect to my 232 serial on my motherboard by making DIY cable..

a moment ago i manage to download the config file and try edit it using vultureware but the isp reject the connection (only edit the downstream value) any other value i should edit to make it work?

PS: the purpose to ask, is not because i'm too lazy to search or browse, but i feel the need to ask a specific question for my specific needs..
if u were saying that i wouldnt asking all these quest, perhaps u can provide me a link for each question to help me out here..

thx
I dont know how to make my own cables and you should be very careful as voltage to the wrong place will screw everything up. just keep trying different macs until you see a 4kb config file, use that one. You will gt at least 20 down.
(17-07-2012, 05:13 PM)modembricker Wrote: I dont know how to make my own cables and you should be very careful as voltage to the wrong place will screw everything up. just keep trying different macs until you see a 4kb config file, use that one. You will gt at least 20 down.

thank you for your suggestion about the cable, however may i know what's the idea behind the file size of the config file. i wonder, when i try to use different mac, i just need to go speedtest, instead of checking the config file size..

Go on YouTube and check out Tropical's tutorials he has a video on how to extract nonvol... (if thats what your looking for)

and Forcing config's probably isn't going to work what ISP are you on?

and Jtaging modem via USB JTag NT is definitely the best way. but if you are jewish there are other ways... (lol i mean if your a cheap basturd)
[Image: 2067907098.png]
Just changing the config without changing the 1st CPE's MAC will yield no change as it is the HFC MAC and the 1st CPE that the CMTS uses to ID you
Knowledge=Power
(18-07-2012, 12:42 PM)Stoowyguy Wrote: Go on YouTube and check out Tropical's tutorials he has a video on how to extract nonvol... (if thats what your looking for)

and Forcing config's probably isn't going to work what ISP are you on?

and Jtaging modem via USB JTag NT is definitely the best way. but if you are jewish there are other ways... (lol i mean if your a cheap basturd)

well, i manage to get a very good mac, which allow me to connect use that particular mac anytime i want with no disconnect. (it will auto config) once i use that mac.

isp: firstmedia.com

hehehe, the problem in order to buy that usbjtagnt or blackcat the shipping rate ridiculous. so i was thinking of making my own pararel cable.
Rolleyes

(18-07-2012, 12:51 PM)ABMJR Wrote: Just changing the config without changing the 1st CPE's MAC will yield no change as it is the HFC MAC and the 1st CPE that the CMTS uses to ID you

if i change the MAC, i can easily autoconfig without need of edit it myself..
i was thinking i can use any working mac and edit the config to edit the limit and force it. Tongue

thanks both of u
Smile