Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
clone stock dpc2100r2 to stock dpc2100
(17-07-2012, 10:04 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: okay..
In my area of cc you petty much need to use stock firm. I use stock telnet enabled firm on my toys as I am comfortable with telnet now. Hax is a big red target here. 5100mod is only good for telnet. If it works for you then great. My area is, is far as I can tell, the hardest security there is so far. Depending on what UBR/CMTS firmware CC is utilizing in your area.....Modded firm is easy for them to pinpoint. Your area is probably slacking in that regard.

I wish I was as smart as you with telnet to do that. I have both my modems from this post flash to stock firmware and both using same nonvol. I have my orig modem put away as my spare. I flashed some firmware to my backup modem as you can see in the first post that made it think it was a dpc2100 and I couldnt get it to link up then after messing with it some more I got it flashed right and it is exactly like my original modem now and is seen as a DPC2100r2 modem. I decided to use it instead of my orig because when I did speed tests it is consistently getting 30mbit speeds and my orig gets 21, 26, 28 and 30 sometimes. I had better luck flashing my dpc2100r2 in sections like boot then image1 and then cfg

Messages In This Thread
RE: clone stock dpc2100r2 to stock dpc2100 - by CableGuRu - 17-07-2012, 10:17 PM