Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
clone stock dpc2100r2 to stock dpc2100
Hey, my cable modem status looks like your backup modem. It not synchronized. What do I do?
Post a TELNET log
Knowledge=Power
does anyone have the DPC2100r2 firmware v2.0.2r1256-100817as from Cisco? I was just wondering if it is any better than the older S-A firmware I have from 2004.
(06-08-2012, 09:08 PM)Tropical Wrote: Here's A Tip Sell That Piece Of Trash The 2100/R2 SUCK! Just Go Buy A SB5101.

incorrect
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(06-08-2012, 09:30 PM)drewmerc Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 09:08 PM)Tropical Wrote: Here's A Tip Sell That Piece Of Trash The 2100/R2 SUCK! Just Go Buy A SB5101.

incorrect

Agreed. My DPC2100r2 has been great as a sub modem and as a haxorware modem. It is basically the same as the sb5101 when flashed with Haxorware and more limited with the original firmware. Comcast locks down the logs and such so you cant see anything. My next endeavor is to re flash my backup modem to Haxorware again and play with the telnet log with different valid certificates. From what I understand all I need is valid certificates and to correct any error in the telnet log that prevent it from getting online. I am not sure though if it will allow internet access beyond the Activation screen with a walledgarden boot file.
CC signs their own FW with the MFC's CVC
Knowledge=Power
(19-07-2012, 03:59 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: You can flash with serial no problem, but if/when your modem gets bricked(and it WILL!) you need a jtag to fix it. At least get a Blindcat usb - for 35.00 it will make your life sooooo much easier if you plan on testing for awhile. It's point/click and it takes about 20 seconds to flash a 51xx compared to 20 minutes on a pjtag. If you know that you are hooked and you know that you are gonna test until they pry your cm out of your hands then cough up 60 for a usbjtag nt and never look back.

I did . That's pretty much where Im at. Lucky I had a backup modem. Just wondering though....What's special about the black cat and Jtags? Is it possible to hard wire a serial connection directly to the board and access the damn thing that way without such a tool?
(07-01-2013, 08:59 AM)Baxter Wrote: I did . That's pretty much where Im at. Lucky I had a backup modem. Just wondering though....What's special about the black cat and Jtags? Is it possible to hard wire a serial connection directly to the board and access the damn thing that way without such a tool?

your taking about a ttl cable and yes you can, tho if you kill the bootloader then you will need a jtag

jtag can connect on a hardware only level
ttl can connect on a bootloader only level
ethernet can connect on a firmware level
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Hello group I am from Nicaragua clone a moden scientif atlanta 2100r2 ase two years had internet but now in dicenbre not connect me clone another but the same problem, I have ip connects and all levels exelente but if internet that can be?