Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
clone stock dpc2100r2 to stock dpc2100
Yeah, you have to use 5100mod with dpc2100. debricking this could be a tad tough if you dont make a jtag cable. Also if this is your sub modem, be careful if you have Comcast. I can say with all the changes being made at Comcast for the network they can tell if you are using different firmware.
Thanks but I have BCM3348 chip. It's dpc2100. Not r2 version. It says BCM3348KPB on the chip.

Update 1: I used the file provided. R1 Stock. It got flashed, and now there are no any lights........Any ideas what happened? And now I can't even log into the modem. On the putty page it just displays the CHIP model and number 100000... something. And nothing happens.....

Update 2: No led lights on the modem at all but shows limited connectivity on the computer. What's happening?
You bricked it by flashing a 3349 bin on a 3348 chip. As I stated I have no 2100 dumps, but you can prob find 1 on SBH. Personally, I would just toss that cm aand move up to a 2100r2 or a 5101 so you can use Haxorware. SB5101MOD is pretty much useless on CC now,anyways.
Thanks for the response mate. So, it will not connect via softjtag also? I'm trying to use with softjtag but im getting unhandled exception error. Just trying to learn.
Thanks
unhandled exception error means somethings missing .net 1.1 2.0 3.0 4.0 (install them all) visual c++ and visual j off the top of my head
(best way i have found to make it work is install an untouched windows xp sp2 and the above libs in a vmware virtual machine)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(17-07-2012, 03:56 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: You bricked it by flashing a 3349 bin on a 3348 chip. As I stated I have no 2100 dumps, but you can prob find 1 on SBH. Personally, I would just toss that cm aand move up to a 2100r2 or a 5101 so you can use Haxorware. SB5101MOD is pretty much useless on CC now,anyways.

LOL. IF you dont know How to use Sb5100mod then you would probably say that . But If you know how to use it then SB5100mod still works great in CC. My dcm315 still works great here.lol . It has been up for 5 years. No issues.

okay..
In my area of cc you petty much need to use stock firm. I use stock telnet enabled firm on my toys as I am comfortable with telnet now. Hax is a big red target here. 5100mod is only good for telnet. If it works for you then great. My area is, is far as I can tell, the hardest security there is so far. Depending on what UBR/CMTS firmware CC is utilizing in your area.....Modded firm is easy for them to pinpoint. Your area is probably slacking in that regard.
(17-07-2012, 10:04 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: okay..
In my area of cc you petty much need to use stock firm. I use stock telnet enabled firm on my toys as I am comfortable with telnet now. Hax is a big red target here. 5100mod is only good for telnet. If it works for you then great. My area is, is far as I can tell, the hardest security there is so far. Depending on what UBR/CMTS firmware CC is utilizing in your area.....Modded firm is easy for them to pinpoint. Your area is probably slacking in that regard.

I wish I was as smart as you with telnet to do that. I have both my modems from this post flash to stock firmware and both using same nonvol. I have my orig modem put away as my spare. I flashed some firmware to my backup modem as you can see in the first post that made it think it was a dpc2100 and I couldnt get it to link up then after messing with it some more I got it flashed right and it is exactly like my original modem now and is seen as a DPC2100r2 modem. I decided to use it instead of my orig because when I did speed tests it is consistently getting 30mbit speeds and my orig gets 21, 26, 28 and 30 sometimes. I had better luck flashing my dpc2100r2 in sections like boot then image1 and then cfg
(17-07-2012, 07:31 PM)drewmerc Wrote: unhandled exception error means somethings missing .net 1.1 2.0 3.0 4.0 (install them all) visual c++ and visual j off the top of my head
(best way i have found to make it work is install an untouched windows xp sp2 and the above libs in a vmware virtual machine)

Thanks for the clarification. I have windows vista x86. I just installed both softwares from microsoft website. I think I have to complete update via windows update and see if that works. Will give it a shot.
This forum has been great and learning much more things. Thank you guys and will be back with results after completing windows update.
Thanks

I wish I was as smart as you with telnet to do that.

Who says I am smarter? I was forced to play with telnet due to being in hardcore security. Believe me when i say that if I didn't need it, I would never, ever, mess with it...It's fun learning how to flash different modems...it sucks having to learn docsis commands and read tons of Cisco info over and over. It's all about determination I guess.