Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Docsis 3 and Forceware
(14-02-2017, 10:50 PM)sforzando Wrote:
(14-02-2017, 07:56 PM)occalifornia Wrote: If only there was an option "Filters" under WAN settings *cough DOCSIS Filters*..

I read somewhere that option doesn't work. I tried disabling filters in forceWare but snmpwalk/snmpget still times out, even when trying to do a snmpget to 192.168.100.1.

I'm going to try setting a static IP or try an older model like sb5100 and disable filters manually via telnet to see if that makes any difference.
man did you ever think about how the network security working ? its not matter just about docsis
there are some of snmp restrictions writen in cable modem configs if you cant edit the config then you cant use snmp check it and study
on some isps like mine even if i can edit the config i cant walk trought snmp because the cisco ubr have set the firewall and all snmp requests comming from customers cable modems are denied!!!
the only cisco ubr admin and few technicians cable modems can walk trought snmp from internall network there is no any magic with it and there is no any hidden/another snmp password in use than one found into the config this is a fairy tale
on my node i cant even walk my own cable modem from my locall network... i can walk it only while i disconnect it from the tap thats another settings in the config - @ = 0x04 snmp walk allowed only from rf plant side
offcourse i can edit the config and change 0x04 to the 0x01 but whats the benefit of doing this ? whether i connect to some wirelles and would wants to play trought snmp on some people modems i still cant... because i does not have accesss to they modems config
and yes disable ip filters in forceware are working... just the problem is in cmts snmp restrictions then rather than asking there stupid questions go and study the isp network yourself
there is one tricky way to bypass snmp restrictions even if they are set on cmts but the public network isnt a proper place to talk about it cause there alot of isp snitches around they read and learn all new methods and going to patch their ubr quickly
but however the crap snmp isnt at last only the way to read some credentials and anything whats you doing trought it is noticed marked as red on the cmts so even if you read some of certs they will not working for so long
jesus man do you know how to form a paragraph i know about acls in the config file i assumed snmp was blocked on my network from the start and wanted to rule out firmware being the problem before moving forward with alternative methods, is it really that stupid?
i did end up with the same results on 5100mod so there's that... not sure why you assumed I didn't test my network
pretty sure this "trick" you speak of has to do with "slap" so fuck off with your run on sentences and shitty grammar
(24-02-2017, 02:51 AM)sforzando Wrote: jesus man do you know how to form a paragraph i know about acls in the config file i assumed snmp was blocked on my network from the start and wanted to rule out firmware being the problem before moving forward with alternative methods, is it really that stupid?
i did end up with the same results on 5100mod so there's that... not sure why you assumed I didn't test my network
pretty sure this "trick" you speak of has to do with "slap" so fuck off with your run on sentences and shitty grammar

Big GrinBig Grin

I've got the popcorn out. Smile
(24-02-2017, 02:51 AM)sforzando Wrote: jesus man do you know how to form a paragraph i know about acls in the config file i assumed snmp was blocked on my network from the start and wanted to rule out firmware being the problem before moving forward with alternative methods, is it really that stupid?
oh
long time ago i completly forgot about internal network now playing with externals
from externals you have much more controll than from internalls
yours isp restrict his network and only authorised department can walk over snmp from internal its game over for you buddy Smile
the "trick" about which ive mentioned unfortunatelly not working and what i mean was snmp v3 yes
when cable modem receive config it stopp responding even to snmp v3 even if they use only v2 it will replay only to this whats is set in it
and like i say you can edit the cable modem configs but snmp access is set on ubr and all snmp requests comming from customers cable modems are filtered
rather doing this buy the 60 - 120cm sattelite dish and replace its lnb to the wirelles receiver
go somwhere outside and try to find bigger skyscrapper located near neighbour node later than you can go on the roof and waaaaaaaaaaaalk like you cant never before!
To make it simple, here's for others who dont understand whats happening

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/c...F80C2.html