Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New at this ... please help me! :P
Information 
Hey guys, turns out that VM cut me off recently and the reason behind it was they appear to be cycling through the current UBR's, I think they where called. The technician claims he is swapping out about 6 of these modems for new ones with new macs each day.

So I am without server now for almost a week.

My friend tells me I can use a hacked modem as a backup.

According to him it's updated to the latest haxorware: 1.1 Rev 31.

I've followed these instructions:

HFC MAC: ##.##.##.##.##.##
USB MAC: Same as above but the last digit one higher (1-2 or A-B)
Serial No: Same as HFC MAC but without the ":"

Powered down the modem, connected the cable feed and powered back on.

I'm getting a response in overview that seems to indicate that all is running well but I cannot connect to the internet with my backup modem.

I really can't live without internet if VM mess up again, and BELIEVE me, they will! Sad

Here is a screenshot of the overview page:

[Image: pMRx5PVY.png]

BTW, I found my "alternative" MAC address by using a sniffer app that finds ones close to you (DHCP Sniffer-0.2.3.91b) and followed the instructions.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated and thanks in advance, Mikey.

BTW, my "subscribed" 20meg is working now ... so I know it's not the line coming in.
You can't connect to the same head end with the mac you spoofed, the ISP will never enable traffic with the modem and it will just sit there and cycle. also, when a mac is registered it is associated with a head end, if you take a registered modem to a different head it won't be authorized in that area, and thus won't boot up. the only way to make this work is to physicly cut the cable going to the house the real modem is in then log on with your spoofed mac back at your house Angry but thats just evil. What I would do if you want to mask your true mac is just increase it's hex value incrementaly until you can boot up and get traffic enabled, from there you would need to change your DNS ect to get a connection.