Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.K. speed vs U.S.A speed
Yea i know our country is bigger and blah blah but they should and can upgrade internet speeds in at least the cities..IMO. Anyway here is an example of what is going on here and what is going on in the U.K., the speeds are totally different,

As of the end of 2011, the fastest deployments in North America are expected to be Shaw Cable's announced 250 Mbit/s download 15 Mbit/s upload, which will be implemented in phases, and Videotron's 120 Mbit/s download / 20 Mbit/s upload service in Quebec City,[1] followed closely by existing 107 Mbit/s deployments in the USA. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) urged U.S. providers to make 100 Mbit/s a standard speed available to 100 million households before 2020.[2] Of wired technologies, only DOCSIS, FIOS, E-line (advanced powerline networking with bandwidth equivalent to fiber) and Ethernet in the first mile are likely to achieve this speed on a large scale in that time frame.[citation needed]

In the UK, broadband provider Virgin Media announced on 20 April 2011 an intention to start trials with download speeds of 1.5 Gbit/s and upload of 150 Mbit/s based on DOCSIS3.0

JuSt FoR FuN
come on man you should know by living here, they only give you what they want too so they don't have to spend money on system upgrades. they would rather put that money in their pockets and shareholders pockets. i know twc can run around 170ish up and down with the current system uncapped, they did that 2 years ago. its just another american company screwing us. screw them all, don't most of you wish the movie fight club would come true? we will never catch up. think about it they have so many tiers of service they can sell you between those speeds and current speeds. "a thirsty man is glad for a sip of water, as long as he doesn't see the water fountain"
as much as i hate the american way of doing things(kill any competition then do nothing) i think the uk system would be exactly the same if it was not owned by the anti-murdock himself richard branson a man how will spend lots of money just to be the best
just look at the uk guidelines which is 2mb in every house by 2013 (or some completely bullshit number) my point being a lot of the uk is not cabled

http://www.uk2.net/blog/digital-britain-...nd-wars-2/
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
[quote='drewmerc' pid='9367' dateline='1334143420']
as much as i hate the american way of doing things(kill any competition then do nothing) i think the uk system would be exactly the same if it was not owned by the anti-murdock himself richard branson a man how will spend lots of money just to be the best
just look at the uk guidelines which is 2mb in every house by 2013 (or some completely bullshit number) my point being a lot of the uk is not cabled

http://www.uk2.net/blog/digital-britain-...nd-wars-2/
[/quotequote I want your speed how do I get that

1. live on an undersubscribed node (i don't think these exist in america, from my understanding they are all oversubscribed as is the american way of over selling capacity)
2. lots of working d2 modems (8 when i did that test. i would try all 20 of my modems but i just don't have the ethernet ports)
3. an old computer amd duron 1ghz (in my case tho overkill to be honest) with lots of ethernet cards (dual and quad port cards help, i need some more of these)
4 pfsense (linux distro, designed to turn any computer into a high end router with multi wan)
__________________________________________________________________________________
(10-07-2012, 07:24 AM)Tropical Wrote: The US Is Far Behind Well At Least Cable Company's. Verizon Fios Actually Has Balls.
How can I get on the mac with configs cuz when ever I try to get on them its ses unrecognized
(10-07-2012, 08:16 AM)Tropical Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 08:14 AM)jlowery66 Wrote: [quote='Tropical' pid='11479' dateline='1341901484']
The US Is Far Behind Well At Least Cable Company's. Verizon Fios Actually Has Balls.
How can I get on the mac with configs cuz when ever I try to get on them its ses unrecognized

Your On The Wrong Thread Buddy.
[/quote
well I seen it on your video that's why I ask you

(10-07-2012, 08:21 AM)Tropical Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 08:18 AM)jlowery66 Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 08:16 AM)Tropical Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 08:14 AM)jlowery66 Wrote: [quote='Tropical' pid='11479' dateline='1341901484']
The US Is Far Behind Well At Least Cable Company's. Verizon Fios Actually Has Balls.

Your On The Wrong Thread Buddy.
[/quote
well I seen it on your video that's why I ask you
I at work now but will later

Post A Log.

and people wonder why i don't care if threads stay on topic, with quality post like the one above