Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SB5101 doesn't work but SB4100 does TWC NYC
For some reason, my SB5101 stopped working yesterday but my SB4100 still works. I tried them both with the same MAC (not at the same time) and only my SB4100 is able to connect. The same thing happened to a friend of mine so I don't believe that it is a hardware failure. I haven't messed around with modems in a long time but do you guys think it's just the modem or is there something new I should be learning? I live in NYC and the provider in my area is Time Warner Cable. The SB4100 is running on Hackware and the SB5101 is running on Haxorware. I'm seeing new things such as certs and stuff but I've never done anything to my SB4100 and it seems to be working just fine. I am not expecting an answer to my problem but I someone here should know if its something in the settings I should be working on or if my specific modem is the problem.
SB4100 will also stopped working, (bpi 1.1 + Certs)

Please Read More post.... And you'll learn more

Your ISP is coming out of the Dark Ages. You were running your 5101 on Docsis 1 so no security basically. Put a fresh set of certs on it and change your nic mac and force a cfg if you still can...

If you do not understand what I just said then please read up on BPI and you will begin to understand.
(02-04-2012, 10:18 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Your ISP is coming out of the Dark Ages. You were running your 5101 on Docsis 1 so no security basically. Put a fresh set of certs on it and change your nic mac and force a cfg if you still can...

If you do not understand what I just said then please read up on BPI and you will begin to understand.

Ok. So I just started searching and it's all very confusing but from what I've read this is what I've been able to understand, plz correct me if I'm wrong.

1) My sb5101 has always worked with BPI disabled. Unfortunately TWC in NYC doesnt play that sh*t anymore so just having a valid MAC with BPI disabled is useless.

2) My sb4100 still works because its really old and not affected by the bpi security yet but soon it will stop working too.

3) In order to get the sb5101 working again, i must have a valid MAC and get a cert from an already working legit modem but I am confused... Am i supposed to obtain a cert from an sb5101 or can it be any modem and if it has to be sb5101... does it have to be flashed with haxorware already?

4) Once i obtain the cert, I can use IP FULL to inject it into my haxorware modem

I know I'm asking a lot. If I am asking questions that are to close to being illegal then let me know. I'm not sure if I can ask about certs and stuff like that. I have also read people mentioning the sbhacker website. That requires 10 bucks to join. Is it worth it? Thx for the help.
1. shit sucks but time moves on
2. you could try spoofing a 4100 on your 5101
3. valid cert from a bcm334X modem will be fine (5100.5101,ambit250,255,256) no it does not need haxorware you just need to dump it
4. you dont need ip full haxorware can do it from the web gui
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
can you get into details how i would dump the cert from a none modified modem
different modems require different methods but lets say a standard sb5101 use jtag to dump it
__________________________________________________________________________________
(03-04-2012, 08:30 AM)drewmerc Wrote: different modems require different methods but lets say a standard sb5101 use jtag to dump it

thankz for the quick reply so that cert will need to be provision on the cmts in order for me to be able to use it on a diff modem and diff node correct?
correct