Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
USB JTAG NT OR USB BLACK CATS
Whath is the differences betwen this 2 devices?

i wanna buy USB JTAG NT OR USB BLACK CATS but im not shoore whath is the best.
NT is the best no doubt, it has better hardware, software and support only the price lets it down
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
thankyu
Blackcat For Life $30 It's Cheap And Works Like A Charm.
(12-05-2012, 10:58 AM)Monetized Wrote: Blackcat For Life $30 It's Cheap And Works Like A Charm.
until you hit a brick that you cant unbrick due to no poke commands (unless theres been an update since i last checked)

still the best all round jtag device is the busblaster v2 only thing thats lets it down is the lack of modem related documentation (tho it works with toms for jtag and flashrom for spi)

i may update this once my new Team Xecuter JR Programmer gets here and if i can workout what chip drives it (hoping for an ft2232 or atmel, but no idea as the drivers are using a custom vid/pid)
__________________________________________________________________________________
My blackcat has worked for me so far in all issues i've run into on the few modems of mine I mess with.. I'm sure there will be a time that it won't work when the NT jtag will.

For the money the blackcat is good, if that's all you can afford right now, it's fine. I still have times I use my lpt cable for some things Wink It'll work wonders!!
i'm not trying to knock the blackcat it does the job but for what it is, it's still expensive

this is a Minimus AVR USB Development Board (£7 or about $10) and all it's really missing is the jtag header and a reflashing
(untested, but really tempted as i do like making jtag boards)

[Image: SDaV6.jpg]
(12-05-2012, 11:13 AM)drewmerc Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 10:58 AM)Monetized Wrote: Blackcat For Life $30 It's Cheap And Works Like A Charm.
until you hit a brick that you cant unbrick due to no poke commands (unless theres been an update since i last checked)

still the best all round jtag device is the busblaster v2 only thing thats lets it down is the lack of modem related documentation (tho it works with toms for jtag and flashrom for spi)

i may update this once my new Team Xecuter JR Programmer gets here and if i can workout what chip drives it (hoping for an ft2232 or atmel, but no idea as the drivers are using a custom vid/pid)

Yes Blackcat Can Now Do Commands With Build 321. You Just Need To Update The Hex On The Blackcat.
USBJTAG NT.....FTW!
Will definitely get the Usb Jtag NT later. For now, the BlackCat LPT is just fine for what I'm working with.