Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I clone my modem?
(03-03-2012, 02:33 AM)drewmerc Wrote: you subscribe they give you a modem, if it breaks ask for another, kind of like renting a modem just without the rent
i'll guess your response will be it's cheaper if you could own your own modem (like in america) but the cost is negligible (hell our subcriptions are still less than yours even when you own your modem)
our cable service is based on our tv/telecoms model which brings a whole host of differences to yours (paying to receive a text is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of)

yeah they even charge rent for the modems most of the time. i actually haven't looked at my bill in forever, as long as its the same price i'm good. most will let you out of the modem rent thing, if you buy your own. some frown on that though. how much do you pay for different tiers there? in y area its $30 for 1/1--$40 for 20/1or2--$50 for 30/2---$80 for 50/5. that's close, i know they charge 105 if you don't have tv for the 50/5. they rip us off dollar to MB
10MB £14.50 ($23.00)
30MB £18.50 ($29.00)
50Mb £25.50 ($40.00)
100MB £35.00 ($55.00)

and each speed tier will get a free upgrade before the end of the year (10mb become 30mb, 30mb becomes 50mb and so on, no idea how fast 100mb becomes, i got board doing currency conversions for not being nice round numbers lol)
the above prices are with a phone, the 100mb was £38 without phone and £42 for phone/basic tv package
the top end package of everything work out as this
Monthly cost
Your bundle
£8.00
Virgin phone line
£13.90
Your extras
FREE
Total
£21.90 for first 3 months
£77.96 after that
One-off cost
£0.00
You save £49.95
Your services
TV XL
Phone XL
Broadband 100
Virgin phone line
Broadband extras
Virgin Media Super Hub and adaptor
Spotify Premium - Free for 6 months
TV extras
ESPN
V HD Box - HD activated
Fees
V HD activation
Standard engineer installation
eBill for cable services
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
OMG That is soooo cheap! What you pay for 100mb is what CC charges for a 20/4 here in Florida...
(04-03-2012, 09:37 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: OMG That is soooo cheap! What you pay for 100mb is what CC charges for a 20/4 here in Florida...

I know here SoCal TW for 100Mbps Charges like $80-$90 (Where I live)

The Europeans are so ahead in Cable/Data speeds and GSM/cell fone service..They always have. We trail here in North America by 5 years..
Knowledge=Power
all i can say is wow. i now feel as if i have been bent over and taken advantage of. America home of the blind and deaf
(04-03-2012, 03:40 PM)crazyanimal Wrote: all i can say is wow. i now feel as if i have been bent over and taken advantage of. America home of the blind and deaf

if you think your being bent over now i suggest you look into your mobile phone (sorry cell phone) charges, i pay £15 a month and i have yet to hit any limit, i have no idea what terms i have, and honestly i don't care i spend an hour or 2 a day using data services and send god knows how many texts(a lot) and the odd phone call and i dont even pay that £15 every month as it's a pay as you go sim so about every 3rd month i dont pay and just use the £30 credit i built up in the other 2 months that i was paying
__________________________________________________________________________________
(04-03-2012, 04:20 PM)drewmerc Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 03:40 PM)crazyanimal Wrote: all i can say is wow. i now feel as if i have been bent over and taken advantage of. America home of the blind and deaf

if you think your being bent over now i suggest you look into your mobile phone (sorry cell phone) charges, i pay £15 a month and i have yet to hit any limit, i have no idea what terms i have, and honestly i don't care i spend an hour or 2 a day using data services and send god knows how many texts(a lot) and the odd phone call and i dont even pay that £15 every month as it's a pay as you go sim so about every 3rd month i dont pay and just use the £30 credit i built up in the other 2 months that i was paying

wordless! I pay $130 a month AT&T for 2 iPhones Unlimited Sad

In Europe I think you guys live better?

Since I have been traveling (lived in London/Ramstein AFB/Pisa/Sarajevo/Moscow/Geneva/Vienna/Skopje and a host of other cities)...The Europeans have been so ahead of the rest of the world with their data infrastructure and GSM cell service..

Overall, a better place and well well superior to us..

A joke is what we pay here..
Knowledge=Power
(04-03-2012, 07:25 PM)OGT Wrote: In Europe I think you guys live better?

calm down you may have to go for re-education if you start thinking that america is not the greatest at everything