Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
straight answer
hey i just need a straight answer from someone. I want to buy a premod mainly for the uncapped speeds but I live in an apartment that is cable ready for comcast or centurylink/qwest and dont have a current subscription. If I buy a premod and hook that shit up to the wall and my computer will I get online and if not where can i find some kind of tutorial that will tell me what i need to do.
no there is no such thing as uncapped speeds, you need a subscription to clone. no there is no such thing as plug an play modems anymore
Nope..wont work by hooking it up...

Possibly would work if you knew some of the "new" features to do, and some people do, but they arent posted and are kept close to the vest as to not have them work anymore...

There are ways but they arent posted or shared, as this is a Public Forum..
Knowledge=Power
NO...

Free Internet died with docsis 1.0. Now you have to work pretty hard to get it and the time it takes you to learn it all now makes it far more expensive than paying your ISP for it..My 100 a month tier seems cheap in comparison to the time/effort i spend testing the network...
Amen...!

some areas are still on 1.0 Wink
No, some areas are in BPI + Bypass...No ISP would allow their customers data to be "openly" compromised..BPI 1.0+ Bypass is what you meant M8
Knowledge=Power
(24-01-2012, 02:08 AM)ABMJR Wrote: No, some areas are in BPI + Bypass...No ISP would allow their customers data to be "openly" compromised..BPI 1.0+ Bypass is what you meant M8
and thats why your a expert and i am a newbie lol. i have only got my feet wet so far.
so if i buy a premod all i need to get online is the mac address and certificate of a legit modem subscribed to the comcast network right? how do I get those things if i dont own a legit subscribed modem
(24-01-2012, 10:58 PM)octalforty Wrote: so if i buy a premod all i need to get online is the mac address and certificate of a legit modem subscribed to the comcast network right? how do I get those things if i dont own a legit subscribed modem

You contact your ISP and pay for service...

Your last sentence says your here for theft-of-service. Thats a big No No

Knowledge=Power