Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
straight answer
okay I'm back to modern convenience Smile That 486 machine had a FULL 20 MB of RAM. Nice to know you can still get online with it. I need to try and set up PLIP for it as I believe the speeds are bit better than over the serial line. The 486 machine had a slower (!16550) chipset for the serial port that maxed out at 9600 if you're lucky.

@ DREW... I dare you to get the Amiga 1000 online and make a post here! You might be able to use Freedos and a a dos browser. I think there's a port of Lynx for dos.
oh, snap,,,, I forgot to ask you to check what my user agent string said....oh well
DO NOT CLICK ON THE SMILEY!! ~~> [Image: tongue.gif] <~~
I have a Tandy laptop, purchased at the Kenmore Square (Boston) Radio Shack in 1989. It cost US$ 1499.00 Have the receipt and the laptop. Saving it for some Museum that needs that era...

LOL

I will scan the receipt and do a picture..

It still boots too!!

XT Turbo model (4.88 clock times 2)
Knowledge=Power
(27-01-2012, 05:08 AM)ABMJR Wrote: I have a Tandy laptop, purchased at the Kenmore Square (Boston) Radio Shack in 1989. It cost US$ 1499.00 Have the receipt and the laptop. Saving it for some Museum that needs that era...

LOL

It still boots too!!

Well what did I start???And I rember most of what was posted here or still have and working as far as I know
Rember the old hard drives (mfm) (rll) and they went clunk clunk and I for get the other drive and a 25 meg drive back than was big
(27-01-2012, 05:35 AM)datona53 Wrote:
(27-01-2012, 05:08 AM)ABMJR Wrote: I have a Tandy laptop, purchased at the Kenmore Square (Boston) Radio Shack in 1989. It cost US$ 1499.00 Have the receipt and the laptop. Saving it for some Museum that needs that era...

LOL

It still boots too!!

Well what did I start???And I rember most of what was posted here or still have and working as far as I know
Rember the old hard drives (mfm) (rll) and they went clunk clunk and I for get the other drive and a 25 meg drive back than was big

Now Im going to try and get online with my old XT I don't know if I can take the speed 14 mz. I just want to see if I can get on line I don't know if there are any phone-line BBS left??I know it wont work on CC at all .. Dam It's up running and a green and black on the screen and dos 6.1... Ok do I still know wow to use dos???? all from the command line this should be fun...I know this has not a thing to do with HAX.but lets see how many can do this... And if you find any bbs's still up on a phone line post them

This is just for the fun of it now that I starter this...

Sorry about this Drewmerc why bont you move this to Thread BBS just for the fun of it.. And see how many rember all this before cable...
@datona53. If your XT has a com (serial) port you can set up a ppp or slip connection to another computer that can/will share it's internet connection over the serial line.
Okay. This post is from a Compaq LTE 386s/20...with a 386 processor, a full 6 MB ram, SLIP connection @ < 9600 baud using the "lynx" browser... Beat that bitches!
it sucks that i missed the early pc era but i was busy having a kid and getting married/divorced being a drunk hobo, makes me wonder what i would be doing if i had not had a ten year break from computers during my 20's
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Here's a couple pictures of the Compaq 386 with Drew's last post:

[Image: P1270191.jpg]
[Image: P1270192.jpg]
Notice it's a monochrome display!
Fantastic!!! Love it!!

Old School!!
Knowledge=Power
i'd mod the shit out of that extremely cool white laptop
keep it looking stock just replace the screen with a android tablet and convert the keyboard to a bluetooth one so it works with the tablet
then go use it in starbucks and watch hipster drool
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******