Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
straight answer
(25-01-2012, 02:49 AM)drewmerc Wrote: perhaps but i can be just a big an asshat as you if i choose to, but really consider what you/we are doing, you called out somebody by there real name which is one of the few thing's i dislike (sorry this was drilled into me back in the early 90's as the worst thing you can do to another person on a bbs) and you know this is true, unless you have been scammed i see no reason to ever do so
so for this small infraction i banned you for 24 hours(not exactly a looong time) so for this massive indiscretion that i have slane upon you very soul (why am i writing this while watching buffy i'll never know) were going to proceed to shit up this forum in a never ending round of ban's

so simply i'll ask is it all worth the effort

Drewmerc you most on here dont know what a BBS is(The old DAYS) and dam was that slow I rember a 300 modem. Rember how long it took to download a 1 meg. file.Thats along time ago and let's see how many rember a XT (Pc.)
The IBM Users Group @ MIT had a BB, and I used a 300 baud modem to connect...

1987 to be exact

1st computer was an Atari 800XL with a 300 baud modem in 83'...I was just a kid then..
Knowledge=Power
(25-01-2012, 08:44 AM)ABMJR Wrote: The IBM Users Group @ MIT had a BB, and I used a 300 baud modem to connect...

1987 to be exact

1st computer was an Atari 800XL with a 300 baud modem in 83'...I was just a kid then..

And The fastest x was at was 9 mgz and the ram was 256 you could over clock it to 12 mgz if you knew what you were doing and I still have it and a 286 and a 386 need I go on and I still have them and still working and do you rember the comdor 64
I don't thin I spelled that right but the all still work Ok let's see do you remker all The the modem Baud's after the 300 Baud modem????
(25-01-2012, 08:44 AM)ABMJR Wrote: The IBM Users Group @ MIT had a BB, and I used a 300 baud modem to connect...

1987 to be exact

The first PC modem

After the Carterfone decision, non-Bell companies began selling computer modems. One of the most notable for our purposes was the Hayes 80-103A, a 300-baud Bell 103A-compatible modem that happened to be the first modem created for a personal computer. Dale Heatherington (shown here) and Dennis C. Hayes designed it for S-100 bus computers of the day, such as the Altair 8800 and the IMSAI 8080.
i think it was 84/85 when i first saw a modem on a spectrum(timex sinclair for you yanks) but due to the british phone system i could never afford one, unlike america there were no free local calls untill the 90's when i got my first modem(and my first £1000 phone bill)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
FTW..commodore 64!!!

I remember getting 2 1541 disk drives for it and I had to open the case and solder a jumper to change the drive to #2 so i could us them both at the same time...Man those things were huge! 300 and a 1200 baud modem. I had a cartridge rom that would take a snapshot of a rom game and then save it to disk to hack the copy protection...LOL. Damn i'm old!
Hah! I'm posting this reply on a 486SX using a SLIP connection. The baud isn't greater than 9600. You guys are a bunch of pussies with your fancy-scmancy high speed internets Smile I'm using the "lynx" browser...
DO NOT CLICK ON THE SMILEY!! ~~> [Image: tongue.gif] <~~
dont make me go get my amiga 1000 out of my mothers attic
__________________________________________________________________________________
I've got an Amiga 3000 sitting on the floor next to me, but I haven't gotten it online yet. I'm testing out the "links" browser now... Damn, My down speed is at 1500 baud
DO NOT CLICK ON THE SMILEY!! ~~> [Image: tongue.gif] <~~
an A3000 you kids and your modern technology
http://oldcomputers.net/
Knowledge=Power