Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What hardware do I need to Flash
(15-12-2011, 09:23 PM)skribblz Wrote: If you half haxorware installed you won half the battle, the other half isn't just going to be as easy. Everybody is silent now and you gotta make friends.

The sb5101 that has haxorware isnt mine I need to get that one mine I just borrowed it to learn of it.
(15-12-2011, 09:30 PM)drewmerc Wrote: good a 5101 simply you need a jtag cable

now if your computer has a parallel port i'd suggest building a simple jtag cable http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-24.html it's cheap, easily built (you can skip the resistors just keep the cable under 6") but very slow (if your only doing 1 modem it wont matter)
if you have no parallel port there's the blackcat usb around $30 many people have issues with these (but i think thats because they dont read the manual) and the hardware is not very good
you could always get a usbjtag NT at $60 there perfect device for modems but over kill if only doing one

once you know have a jtag cable (and tell me the type) we move on to the next step (dumping and flashing the modem)

Man you made my day! I plan on making more than one modem, I have a laptop and it doesnt have a parallel port but I saw online I can get a USB to PARALLEL would that be a good option? Sounds like either the Blackcat or the usb jtagNT are my best choices? Once I figure out whats best for me ill buy it and go from their, thanks for the help Ill be waiting for response.
i cant find usbjtag nt anywhere including ebay just usbjtag and black usb wich is probably the same thing?

Messages In This Thread
What hardware do I need to Flash - by Jeovanny - 13-12-2011, 10:13 AM
RE: What hardware do I need to Flash - by Halfwit - 15-12-2011, 03:13 PM
RE: What hardware do I need to Flash - by Jeovanny - 15-12-2011, 09:50 PM
RE: What hardware do I need to Flash - by Mordeth - 16-12-2011, 06:53 AM