Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What hardware do I need to Flash
(16-12-2011, 07:51 PM)GBABY4201 Wrote:
(16-12-2011, 08:16 AM)Jeovanny Wrote:
(16-12-2011, 06:53 AM)Mordeth Wrote:
(16-12-2011, 01:19 AM)Jeovanny Wrote: Yeah but you were saying that the parrallel is slow, besides I get enough soldering practice daily I repair stuff for a living. I found the blackcat jtag on ebay but I cant find the jtag nt for sale. The link that you provided doesnt show an image of the NT I was able to identify the blackcat usbjtag wich I wouldnt mind going that route but I wouldnt mind having the better one either considering I read I can use it for other things like xboxs and other devices wich may come handy since i work with lots of electronics.

If you know your way around electronic components, there is no reason to spend money...make your own RS-232 to TTL cable and/or a parallel Jtag cable. These 2 have NEVER failed to unbrick anything, unlike the fancy USB Jtags that cost over $30. If you intend to flash in volume, the USB Jtags do have an advantage, but that is about it.

Ill probably take the cheap route for now, just because it sounds fun and interesting to do. I do plan on flashing in volume so I need something that will hold up and also that wont be brittle something straight to the point without loose wires everywhere. Thank you for your opinion!
(16-12-2011, 04:46 AM)GBABY4201 Wrote: i love the usb blackcat pcb 1.8 thay allsome..

thats cool I might get this one first learn with it then move on to the NT
Thanks for everyone who has been putting opinions, tips, and advice into this thread its really helping alot!

Ive never had A problem with the usb blackcat yet its works great and they will also program your x-box and ps3 and so-on...
here is the link for the nt......

http://www.usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.php...0th6b3cch0

just copy and paste it... to much money for that...
the best way is the parallel jtag....

what do you get out of doing something like this to a ps3 or xbox

ps3 if your below firmware 3.55 you can use the blackcat to install the exploit
xbox you can use it to dump the nand flash (part of the reset glitch hack)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
theres lots of stuff to use that for...
(17-12-2011, 02:52 AM)drewmerc Wrote: ps3 if your below firmware 3.55 you can use the blackcat to install the exploit
xbox you can use it to dump the nand flash (part of the reset glitch hack)

what does the xploit do and the nand do??/ Smile