Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What hardware do I need to Flash
I don't solder it, I just put pressure on the pins so i know it reads, less work for me for solder <3
No I will not help you if only have a few worthless post on the forum.
Yeah but you were saying that the parrallel is slow, besides I get enough soldering practice daily I repair stuff for a living. I found the blackcat jtag on ebay but I cant find the jtag nt for sale. The link that you provided doesnt show an image of the NT I was able to identify the blackcat usbjtag wich I wouldnt mind going that route but I wouldnt mind having the better one either considering I read I can use it for other things like xboxs and other devices wich may come handy since i work with lots of electronics.
just buy the jtagnt from the jtagnt website most support. It's worth it if your gonna stay in this hobby.
(16-12-2011, 01:19 AM)Jeovanny Wrote: Yeah but you were saying that the parrallel is slow, besides I get enough soldering practice daily I repair stuff for a living. I found the blackcat jtag on ebay but I cant find the jtag nt for sale. The link that you provided doesnt show an image of the NT I was able to identify the blackcat usbjtag wich I wouldnt mind going that route but I wouldnt mind having the better one either considering I read I can use it for other things like xboxs and other devices wich may come handy since i work with lots of electronics.

(16-12-2011, 01:22 AM)skribblz Wrote: just buy the jtagnt from the jtagnt website most support. It's worth it if your gonna stay in this hobby.

I dont know if they all come like this but this particular one Ebay usbjtag seems to have stuff in it specificaly for the Surfboard
ok I found it on the site I guess they have 2.0 usb now wich isnt the best but not bad at all just that price isnt pretty like you said :| I guess thats a debate im going to have to figure out for myself if im willing to pay the extra dough considering its Holiday seasons
http://www.usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.php...0th6b3cch0
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
i love the usb blackcat pcb 1.8 thay allsome..
(16-12-2011, 01:19 AM)Jeovanny Wrote: Yeah but you were saying that the parrallel is slow, besides I get enough soldering practice daily I repair stuff for a living. I found the blackcat jtag on ebay but I cant find the jtag nt for sale. The link that you provided doesnt show an image of the NT I was able to identify the blackcat usbjtag wich I wouldnt mind going that route but I wouldnt mind having the better one either considering I read I can use it for other things like xboxs and other devices wich may come handy since i work with lots of electronics.

If you know your way around electronic components, there is no reason to spend money...make your own RS-232 to TTL cable and/or a parallel Jtag cable. These 2 have NEVER failed to unbrick anything, unlike the fancy USB Jtags that cost over $30. If you intend to flash in volume, the USB Jtags do have an advantage, but that is about it.
(16-12-2011, 06:53 AM)Mordeth Wrote:

If you know your way around electronic components, there is no reason to spend money...make your own RS-232 to TTL cable and/or a parallel Jtag cable. These 2 have NEVER failed to unbrick anything, unlike the fancy USB Jtags that cost over $30. If you intend to flash in volume, the USB Jtags do have an advantage, but that is about it.

Ill probably take the cheap route for now, just because it sounds fun and interesting to do. I do plan on flashing in volume so I need something that will hold up and also that wont be brittle something straight to the point without loose wires everywhere. Thank you for your opinion!
(16-12-2011, 04:46 AM)GBABY4201 Wrote: i love the usb blackcat pcb 1.8 thay allsome..

thats cool I might get this one first learn with it then move on to the NT
Thanks for everyone who has been putting opinions, tips, and advice into this thread its really helping alot!
I have an $BH usbjtag, I had a parallel port one but that was slow. If you are going to flash in volume get something better than a parallel. Don't spend money on a hobby your not going to put effort into, because it only gets worst from here.
(16-12-2011, 08:16 AM)Jeovanny Wrote:
(16-12-2011, 06:53 AM)Mordeth Wrote:

Ill probably take the cheap route for now, just because it sounds fun and interesting to do. I do plan on flashing in volume so I need something that will hold up and also that wont be brittle something straight to the point without loose wires everywhere. Thank you for your opinion!
(16-12-2011, 04:46 AM)GBABY4201 Wrote: i love the usb blackcat pcb 1.8 thay allsome..

thats cool I might get this one first learn with it then move on to the NT
Thanks for everyone who has been putting opinions, tips, and advice into this thread its really helping alot!

Ive never had A problem with the usb blackcat yet its works great and they will also program your x-box and ps3 and so-on...
here is the link for the nt......

http://www.usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.php...0th6b3cch0

just copy and paste it... to much money for that...
the best way is the parallel jtag....