Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What hardware do I need to Flash
Ok so I been reading a bit now, and I finally realized that in order to do this SB5101 modem mod I have to take the modem apart. What do I need to do after I take the thing apart I see their is a jtag option or serial wich I am completly new too. If anyone can point me in the right direction for a good tutorial that would be great also how do I know what way to choose.
Let me get this straight I take it apart to some soldering or something
Get it hooked to the computer
Load somekind of software probably provided for jtag or serial from somewhere
then use that to load the Haxorware?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
missing the most important bit, what modem?
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
There only certain modems you can flash.
Depending on what modem you use is what software you can use. Because not all modems can be moded and not all modems have the same hacked software. And depending on what modem you decide to mod will depend on how your able to change get the software in it.
That's to start off. The easiest modems to mod are the SB5101, 5100 a few rcas.
Others will chime. If you need any help just post. I'll help ya out I'm not tight lipped like so many others.
OK so I have the SB5101 my friend lend me a hacked one to learn from it so I can make my own, I went into 192.192.100.1 that got me in the modem then I found it had Haxorware I researched that got here and I downloaded the files just dont know what to do with them. Ok so I got my own SB5101 now I need to know what are the next steps.
What do I have to buy?
What are my options?
Whats easiest and or affordable?
What are the steps and procedures?

Thank you so much for your time, cant wait to hear more from you and get this little project started. I assure you im pretty good with technology once I have the diagrams and instructions infront of me.
(15-12-2011, 03:13 PM)Halfwit Wrote: There only certain modems you can flash.
Depending on what modem you use is what software you can use. Because not all modems can be moded and not all modems have the same hacked software. And depending on what modem you decide to mod will depend on how your able to change get the software in it.
That's to start off. The easiest modems to mod are the SB5101, 5100 a few rcas.
Others will chime. If you need any help just post. I'll help ya out I'm not tight lipped like so many others.

OK so I have the SB5101 my friend lend me a hacked one to learn from it so I can make my own, I went into 192.192.100.1 that got me in the modem then I found it had Haxorware I researched that got here and I downloaded the files just dont know what to do with them. Ok so I got my own SB5101 now I need to know what are the next steps.
What do I have to buy?
What are my options?

Thank you so much for your time, cant wait to hear more from you and get this little project started. I assure you im pretty good with technology once I have the diagrams and instructions infront of me.
(13-12-2011, 12:46 PM)drewmerc Wrote: missing the most important bit, what modem?

What do I have to buy?
What are my options?

If you half haxorware installed you won half the battle, the other half isn't just going to be as easy. Everybody is silent now and you gotta make friends.
No I will not help you if only have a few worthless post on the forum.
good a 5101 simply you need a jtag cable

now if your computer has a parallel port i'd suggest building a simple jtag cable http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-24.html it's cheap, easily built (you can skip the resistors just keep the cable under 6") but very slow (if your only doing 1 modem it wont matter)
if you have no parallel port there's the blackcat usb around $30 many people have issues with these (but i think thats because they dont read the manual) and the hardware is not very good
you could always get a usbjtag NT at $60 there perfect device for modems but over kill if only doing one

once you know have a jtag cable (and tell me the type) we move on to the next step (dumping and flashing the modem)
__________________________________________________________________________________
(15-12-2011, 09:23 PM)skribblz Wrote: If you half haxorware installed you won half the battle, the other half isn't just going to be as easy. Everybody is silent now and you gotta make friends.

The sb5101 that has haxorware isnt mine I need to get that one mine I just borrowed it to learn of it.
(15-12-2011, 09:30 PM)drewmerc Wrote: good a 5101 simply you need a jtag cable

now if your computer has a parallel port i'd suggest building a simple jtag cable http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-24.html it's cheap, easily built (you can skip the resistors just keep the cable under 6") but very slow (if your only doing 1 modem it wont matter)
if you have no parallel port there's the blackcat usb around $30 many people have issues with these (but i think thats because they dont read the manual) and the hardware is not very good
you could always get a usbjtag NT at $60 there perfect device for modems but over kill if only doing one

once you know have a jtag cable (and tell me the type) we move on to the next step (dumping and flashing the modem)

Man you made my day! I plan on making more than one modem, I have a laptop and it doesnt have a parallel port but I saw online I can get a USB to PARALLEL would that be a good option? Sounds like either the Blackcat or the usb jtagNT are my best choices? Once I figure out whats best for me ill buy it and go from their, thanks for the help Ill be waiting for response.
i cant find usbjtag nt anywhere including ebay just usbjtag and black usb wich is probably the same thing?
blackcat http://www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/BlackcatUSB/
usbjtag http://www.usbjtag.com

they are not the same (but both are usbjtag's) the NT (from usbjtag) is the better of the 2 device's but double the price
forget about usb to parallel as they wont work they are only for printers and dont allow 2 way communication (the ones that do 2 way cost about $100 so you get the point)

i've tryed to not add my opinion to these post's about jtag's but i bored so i going to do it again
1. blackcat usb cheapest poor support, software and hardware (but are getting alot better)
2. usbjtag NT very expensive but good support and software (cant comment on the hardware as i dont own one, i did have the old version but stood on it)

3. my personal favourite the bus blaster V2 now you may wonder why i did not mention this in the other post simply because there is 0 support the only way you wont be the first to do anything is if i have not done it first, and if you need to ask what to do this is not really the device for you
the only answers you need is toms jtag utility for jtag and flashrom for spi (the software you need to use) connection diagrams i normally steal from usbjtag
(16-12-2011, 12:19 AM)drewmerc Wrote: blackcat http://www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/BlackcatUSB/
usbjtag http://www.usbjtag.com

they are not the same (but both are usbjtag's) the NT (from usbjtag) is the better of the 2 device's but double the price
forget about usb to parallel as they wont work they are only for printers and dont allow 2 way communication (the ones that do 2 way cost about $100 so you get the point)

i've tryed to not add my opinion to these post's about jtag's but i bored so i going to do it again
1. blackcat usb cheapest poor support, software and hardware (but are getting alot better)
2. usbjtag NT very expensive but good support and software (cant comment on the hardware as i dont own one, i did have the old version but stood on it)

3. my personal favourite the bus blaster V2 now you may wonder why i did not mention this in the other post simply because there is 0 support the only way you wont be the first to do anything is if i have not done it first, and if you need to ask what to do this is not really the device for you
the only answers you need is toms jtag utility for jtag and flashrom for spi (the software you need to use) connection diagrams i normally steal from usbjtag

ok so I took this a little further and took it apart I see the pins where I assum the jtab plugs into. I might have gotten the impression somewhere along the lines of research anyhow I thought that their was soldering involed as this may be one of the choices I have. Anyways wether it is or not to my understanding parallel id have to mickey mouse some wires to make it compatible as with the jtag I simply plug into the pins and then plug the other end with usb use the software provided then move to step 2 Smile im I getting this better now?
most soldering can be worked around mostly by buying shit (but none of the soldering is hard) and i think it's a useful thing to know
need to solder a pin header just buy some pogo pins and or a parallel jtag you can buy one for $10