Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNMP disabled only on *some* modem types -- interesting!
(04-12-2011, 05:50 PM)Bruiser Wrote:
(25-11-2011, 05:25 PM)ADDlCTlON Wrote: you wont get any viable results. lol you dont get it. that random string of numbers is a serial(which is the modems serial and should be the modems hfc mac) and the macs dont match.

dont underestimate time warner. If you knew what you were talking about you would be not be asking for my help. lol

I didn't ask for your help. You posted something, made a statement and I asked you to support it. It's what forums are for.

Let me just say this. If TWC were actually that sharp they wouldn't let the same MAC and Certs register at the same time anywhere on the network. But guess what? Even though they do have the ability to detect clones it's *too complicated*. A guy who worked for a cable ISP posted about that on SBHacker a long time ago. It's just too hard he said.

So all powerful, nah. We're dealing with standards here. RFCs. The equipment is made to work a certain way. They couldn't change those things you cited because they couldn't register their own customers. Sure, they would know what mac was what serial and they could certainly run a SQL server database to relate them but they don't. Too complicated. Too many points of failure and too many support issues.

Now, are you gonna answer my question? Cause if you don't after me asking you three times I am gonna suspect you as being ABMJR. Heh.

The guy who always posted "I know something you don't know" and never really helped.

Lol. nice comment dude. I always been saying this for a long time Clone detection is BS. If you are banned, it is because someone prove or intercept in the forums that that mac is being whored out. But having a clone detection system that automatically checked the whole Isp system is all BS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SNMP disabled only on *some* modem types -- interesting! - by jackass - 04-12-2011, 10:37 PM