Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haxorware Sb5101 Can Only Use One Computer
OKay so its a moded modem, and I don't know why I can only use the internet when i Plug in directly on my PC or latop. But even if the modem is working and i plug the modem through a router, then use my laptop to connect to the router it said internet on my laptop. Yet when i browse online it would appear the RR page. Anyone know how to fix this problem? or is it the Cert problem? lol please help. Thanks guys
try playing with the mac clone feature in the router and sometimes you have to play with the dns
It just happened now because my area just got updated cert now they said it only work if I plug it directly on pc but what do you mean to play with Mac? And DNS you mean like changing macs? And where is the DNS and how do I play with it ? Thx
(14-11-2011, 01:21 AM)tonyduong15 Wrote: It just happened now because my area just got updated cert now they said it only work if I plug it directly on pc but what do you mean to play with Mac? And DNS you mean like changing macs? And where is the DNS and how do I play with it ? Thx

Tony, if you are online with what you have , you are most likely on Doc 1.0.
Your issue with the only "one" PC working at a time with a direct connection with the modem has NOTHING TO DO WITH CERTS.

What John meant was to look into the options/preferences with the ROUTER'S settings. It should have an option of "mac spoofing" and select the router to be the DHCP server, rather than the modem.
okay so i Tried my modem is Linksys E3000 it has Mac Cloning , I enable it already and it doesn't work. Do I have to type in the same number of Mac that i seen in my modem into the mac cloning? and the DNS it ask me for password and user name and email and everything so I really dont know where to get those information lol . Btw im on docsis 1.1
the same mac that your computer uses (not the modem)

1. Start the command line tool by entering cmd.exe into the search field of the start menu.
2. Enter ipconfig

[Image: how-to-find-mac-address-in-windows-7.gif]

A MAC address always looks the same, it always has six groups of two hexadecimal digits, e.g. 01-23-45-67-89-ab.

i used a random pic i'll gess you'll want to use the physical address of the wired adapter
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
So what do I have to do right now? I have my modem plug in to my router and from router to pc I don't have internet when I do that what do I need to do in the router now to make it work? I think its something about the modem because before the tw made the change in my area the modem works fine with router but now this guy gave me a new modem it works but only directly to my pc can't go to router anyone think I need to change something in my modem please help thx
(14-11-2011, 05:14 AM)tonyduong15 Wrote: So what do I have to do right now? I have my modem plug in to my router and from router to pc I don't have internet when I do that what do I need to do in the router now to make it work? I think its something about the modem because before the tw made the change in my area the modem works fine with router but now this guy gave me a new modem it works but only directly to my pc can't go to router anyone think I need to change something in my modem please help thx

is it about the cer ts?

yeah i Think so tinhtu do you have chat? are you vietnamese? i am too we can chat over client. Yahoo or Aim w/e i dont mind try to help me out on this. Because I really want to get this thing working.
(14-11-2011, 07:09 AM)tonyduong15 Wrote: yeah i Think so tinhtu do you have chat? are you vietnamese? i am too we can chat over client. Yahoo or Aim w/e i dont mind try to help me out on this. Because I really want to get this thing working.

If it was about "certs", you would not get past registration and have NO INTERNET access at all? The modem is operational and you have internet access, but for some unknown reason it is only giving out one ip address.