Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help getting online with sb5101
Hello boys

This is my first time playing with an sb5101 and haxorware. I followed the instructions for my usbjtag and installed haxoware 1.1 rev 30 on my sb5101 but now i'm having trouble getting online. On the status overview page it says:
Acquire Downstream Channel -- in progress
Everything else just says (waiting) execpt for:
Cable modem status -- Scanning

I can't get it to lock on a frequency or anything. I have bpi+ enabled since it is a brand new modem and mac address has not being changed, also played with the settings and manualy loaded a config file but nothing really makes a difference. My ISP is comcast in south Florida.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?
thanks in advance.
(09-03-2009, 02:55 AM)GFORCE Wrote: Hello boys

This is my first time playing with an sb5101 and haxorware. I followed the instructions for my usbjtag and installed haxoware 1.1 rev 30 on my sb5101 but now i'm having trouble getting online. On the status overview page it says:
Acquire Downstream Channel -- in progress
Everything else just says (waiting) execpt for:
Cable modem status -- Scanning

I can't get it to lock on a frequency or anything. I have bpi+ enabled since it is a brand new modem and mac address has not being changed, also played with the settings and manualy loaded a config file but nothing really makes a difference. My ISP is comcast in south Florida.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?
thanks in advance.

Hopefully you did a 2mb backup before flashing Haxonware to your new modem. Flash back your backup, hook the coax and let it set and connect. Once that has been done, you can flash Haxonware again and it should sync up. I also had this problem on ce and this is how I resolved it. Good Luck
Yes I always do (just in case) Thanks for the tip, will try and post results.
(Bama3416)
Thanks for taking the time to reply to the post, I appreciate your time and willingness.

My modem is online and really don't know if your instructions made a difference but I followed them anyways. I reflash factory dump back to the modem and pluged it up.... nothing same problem so I decided to check my cable feed to my workbench and BINGO!!! while troubleshooting another outlet i had disconected this one and had no cable signal.
So I reconected the cable pluged it up and went to config GUI checked frequency lock and all that, everything was good so reflash haxorware11rev30 with my USBjtag, set my config file and boom I'm online and typing this reply with my sb5101.
:-)
Once again thanks to those that take the time to reply. It keeps forums alive.
Hi GFORCE, I am in South Florida too and using Comcast as my cable and ISP, my promotional internet price of $19.99 is coming to end so I read about this I have a Motorola SB5101, can you please send me details on how to upgrade its software to use the Haxorware
What softwares do I need
Do I need any hardware or to physically do anything with my modem
I bought it new from Walmart about 4 months ago.

Please provide with details on how to get this thing working as I am new to this and most of the video demos are removed from Youtube. Your time and help are much appreciated.

Best Regards,

HaMoDeY
using a service that you have not paid for is stealing
[Image: 2qu0z8h.gif]