Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Accidently Write/CFI Flash Using Haxorware
thanks for the advice to the new black cat i followed your instructions and still had no luck re flashing the modems but with the new software in hand and a fresh unmodified modem i used the memory button and backed up the entire memory then i did the same with the cfi/flash you have to have both or this will not work because they record to different lengths of memory then and this is critical to do this in this exact manner
first write the memory back to your bad modem then unplug everything and then replug it in then write the cfi backup then the modem will back to factory settings then you can install the new software with the sbs5101 tab i was able to restore all but 1 modem that i had given up on and thrown out i had to clean all the modems in hot soapy water because i poured hot oil and other junk on them in the garbage can so i am not shure if the last modem was because of the hot oil or it was realy toast before i threw it out

so now does anybody know how to get the data back from a backup using toms jtag using the serial cable because i backed up my working modem in tom's jtag but if i try to do a install in black cat i get a out of rang memory error
and i cant seem to get a newly flashed modem with haxoreware running i kind of think that my cable company did something to the whole system to keep these modems from working

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accidently Write/CFI Flash Using Haxorware - by Cindy - 22-01-2012, 01:44 AM