Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
flashing over serial port
Hello , flashing haxorware over serial port sb5101e did i need to open modem to stick a 10 pin header ? does this port will work from z3x box picture . if i buy a cable USB to Serial Converter where to plug it ? ,ethernet cable must be pluged or unpluged. to modem ? thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

usb to serial plugs into a usb port...

10 pin header is for jtag. Serial connections have to be made(solder) on the modem board.

Whatever usb/serial cable you choose should come with the correct driver and that will actually be another port in device manger. I bought a Nokia ca-42 phone cable and cut the phone end off as it has a prolific serial chip in it. Google that if your interested.

You will need to connect the ethernet cable and use putty or hyper terminal to flash the modem.
(02-10-2014, 09:18 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: usb to serial plugs into a usb port...

10 pin header is for jtag. Serial connections have to be made(solder) on the modem board.

Whatever usb/serial cable you choose should come with the correct driver and that will actually be another port in device manger. I bought a Nokia ca-42 phone cable and cut the phone end off as it has a prolific serial chip in it. Google that if your interested.

You will need to connect the ethernet cable and use putty or hyper terminal to flash the modem.

Thanks you. so i dont need to connect nothing inside modem. for flashing , modem canot be flashed with ethernet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

this model (sb5101e) can not flash the modem through the serial port (unlike scientific atlanta 2100R2).

first firmware load into modem can only be done through JTAG -- blackcat (LPT) or usbjtag (USB), because this modem does not have "noisy" bootloader by default (without the noisy bootloader can flash the modem only via JTAG)
Andy is correct.
Aha thanks andy and southern.. i will be back in this thread after buying blackcat,, if i need help again thanks
(02-10-2014, 07:20 PM)bleros Wrote: Aha thanks andy and southern.. i will be back in this thread after buying blackcat,, if i need help again thanks

blackcat is very simple to assemble

software for blackcat
.zip   JtagUtility_v1.3_setup.zip (Size: 2.14 MB / Downloads: 356)
yeah it is. I still use mine every now and then on a really stubborn bricked modem, not too often though. It writes at 4k...the Usbjtag NT writes at 180k.
(02-10-2014, 10:04 PM)andytg Wrote:
(02-10-2014, 07:20 PM)bleros Wrote: Aha thanks andy and southern.. i will be back in this thread after buying blackcat,, if i need help again thanks

blackcat is very simple to assemble

software for blackcat

Thanks is this software that rajkosto using in video. i install it. unable to start the io.sys service . error code 1275 or will not work without connected cable i just open after install.. can u find for me online the tool needed to make a blackcat cable cuz i dont know how to call them thanks
Google that info and see what you get...it's all there.