Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
intercepting data on my network
Ok let's say i am on my network at home and i want to see what someone is looking up on my wireless connection. Is there a good program ("free" is good) that can list them by site name or even IP address. at the same time drop the unnecessary packets? i have wire shark running and man to dig though all of that data for websites visited, makes me want to scream and go back to drinking and smoking. lets just say that i am really after IM messages and such from a, believed to be, cheating wife. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wireshark...

I am an Expert at it
Knowledge=Power
can you throw the settings my way, that's needed for what i desire. i went through the wiki but nothing caught my eye.
Cool
oops!!
Knowledge=Power
There is a much more elegant (and free) solution.

put www.gargoyle-router.com firmware on your router, or get one that will work.

it has many wonderful spying features, search engine terms, sites visited, by machine

it also has very good bandwidth monitoring, quotas, throttling, access scheduling, etc.

here's the wonderful part.

enable ssh

login as root

do >opkg install dsniff

now you have an assortment of truly invasive tools, including urlsnarf, that logs page by page, everything everyone visits.

the great part is, since you're doing it INSIDE there router, you get to see all the traffic, and don't have to bother with arp-poison routing.

you can even log to a usb drive with tcpdump and analyuze it later.

it's based upon openwrt.

also, another wonderful tool for the savage destruction of other people's privacy is called NetResident. Google it.
thank you for the info. i saw that firmware but my current router could not run it. so i looked for other paths, with all of that info i will be buying a new router. ill google the other also, thanks for taking the time to post all of that info.
(16-08-2012, 01:48 AM)stnyr Wrote: There is a much more elegant (and free) solution.

put www.gargoyle-router.com firmware on your router, or get one that will work.

it has many wonderful spying features, search engine terms, sites visited, by machine

it also has very good bandwidth monitoring, quotas, throttling, access scheduling, etc.

here's the wonderful part.

enable ssh

login as root

do >opkg install dsniff

now you have an assortment of truly invasive tools, including urlsnarf, that logs page by page, everything everyone visits.

the great part is, since you're doing it INSIDE there router, you get to see all the traffic, and don't have to bother with arp-poison routing.

you can even log to a usb drive with tcpdump and analyuze it later.

it's based upon openwrt.

also, another wonderful tool for the savage destruction of other people's privacy is called NetResident. Google it.

Is that the exact command " opkg install dsniff " Because it said no such dsniff, I tried to find more info on dsniff for gargoyle router..

It seems in the version of gargoyle I had, it already has logging web pages and searches.. unless dsniff does much more?

Have you ever used Jasager firmware? I was wondering which you thought was better?
(14-08-2012, 12:55 AM)ABMJR Wrote: Wireshark...

I am an Expert at it

If I would to like to intercept only CM - CMTS data what settings should I use in wireshark?
I would use Solarwinds and I wouldnt use Wireshark for CMTS data. remember, it is a 56 bit low level encryption. SW isnt very beginner friendly...

And if your using Wireshark, it would only be useful on the customer side, a waste on the DOCSIS>CMTS side..

Knowledge=Power