Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie willing & ready to learn - with a question
Big Grin 
Hi ... just got into the craft .. and starting to learn alot ...

My main goal so far = JUST TO GET ONLINE lol ( yea of course i pay for my internet , no thieving desire , Just wanna learn )

I recently got a pre modded 5101 in addition to my stock modem and am seeking alittle help to get my self up in running with this new modem. After Hours/days of reading n learning i feel i have a pretty goo understanding of wats going on with my modem & the ends and outs of the firmware ( which i love thank u for this awesome work). Yet i still havent been able to get online with my information ( from my stock cm ).

My isp is one i hear that have some of the stronger security measures in use. I have tryed every combination configurations with this modem ... it seems i just get stuck in a reboot loop once i get anywhere.The only thing ive gotten working is using my friends ( whom got me hooked ) Certs + Mac (testing only ). Shockingly i go operational .. 2 sec no prob ( on most basic configs). Yet when i set my mac ... i get NO WHERE. No critical errors just stuck in a boot loop right after ip complete.

My last idea/resort is extracting the certs from my stock (functional) cm as i hear some companies have forced valid certs (and to my knowledge these certs have a mac tied in them ). Tho my stock cm is not flashable with haxorware, and one i def. dont want to destroy it lol.

He might have gotten lucky as he flashed his ORIGINAL cm and was up and running with 2 setting changes..... y can i ? lol

Questions:
1) Dose this sound like the correct approach or will this not help?
2) I have NO soldering experience but with the magic of utube lol i kinda got the idea i could use solderless pin headers and get running (ironic i work in an electronics store and sell them to people all the time ... dosent mean i know how to use um lol
3/4) Can i even extract them with out flashing it
3/4) tho i know its possible WILL I RUIN my functioning cm doing so (with out obvious mistakes)

ps: If any ones willing to take me under there wing n teach me alittle somin somin im more then willing to learn and more then computer savey .... Flash learning these years of combined info is really overwhelming (more so when ur not making progress and no one wants to help u). Please pm if u willing to help (or dont want to post ur help in public as i do understand the nature or some of this info and how people can abuse it )

Thanks in advance ( wow i talk to much)

Messages In This Thread
Newbie willing & ready to learn - with a question - by blackout.king - 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM