Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hitron cgn2 with forceware problem
(30-05-2017, 04:47 PM)thalungz Wrote: Correct, the cgn2 has fl128 dual spi chips. The chip you want is the top chip (on the top of the board and can wire it up just any other 16pin spi chip, use the 6120 diagram even). The cgn3 is a puma6/nand and as far as I know forceware was not compatible with it yet. But since you clearly stated cgn2, this is my advice;

The latest forceware works 100% on the cgn2. You can flash it via serial (glitch to unlock bootloader, not going to explain all these steps, its posted a lot of places) but use the actual forceware file and not the full (16mb) flash dump. Or wire up your NT to the top chip of the cgn2 and open the actual forceware image (use the cda xml if u have it) and flash over ubfi 1/2. Make backups of your entire flash a few times before flashing. Easiest way in my opinion is via serial w/ local tftp though. After you get it flashed and can access the f.w-gui, make sure to use the auto configure feature in f.w to set the firmware up as a cgn2. Good luck. I have done this many many times.

Thanks big time. Your instructions worked on the first try with no problems got it up in 15minutes. just a question how do i access the router part of the cm to enable wireless and set up ssid? 192.168.0.1 isn't working

Messages In This Thread
hitron cgn2 with forceware problem - by doctor - 31-03-2017, 04:51 AM
RE: hitron cgn2 with forceware problem - by doctor - 30-05-2017, 06:19 PM