Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB6190 Uncapping in process. Suggestions?
So just an update, idk where OP went but most likely he downloaded that source code, and thought he was gonna magically compile a firmware from it, well come on, they wouldnt make it that easy, that source, was a broken toolchain, with broken compilers in it, I spent a good 3 weeks just to get it working correctly, now, as for compiling a firmware, all this really does is give you a starting point, and thats after hours of editing .conf and makefiles along with other goodies, i have about 5 of these modems for testing, unfortunately OP is prolly not coming back for he had no idea what he was doing, these modems are a bit of a pain in the A** as they use an ATOM core stacked with an ARM processor, which the ATOM locks the ARM processor if something stops working, so memory glitching so far is a no go, bios exploit doesnt seem to gain anything as well, and trying to compile a firmware with found source only works for one side of the firmware, these modems use dual images, one part loads before the other, so i doubt ALpha would work, as it does not contain code for Puma6 and ATOM, if anyone has any other ideas let me know, as for the nand having bad blocks, I cannot verify this, I've made a few dumps, that have correct headers, and then removed EmmC and reflashed to make sure it was correct and it verified fine, and booted as normally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SB6190 Uncapping in process. Suggestions? - by demonspride - 25-03-2017, 06:19 AM