Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpless and in need of a helpful hand - SB5101
I agree. You have 6 months or so to learn Docsis? another year or so just to READ the ENTIRE Sbhacker.net website and pull grains of real info off of a beach full of bs posts?

Hard to do since the ISP's have all but locked out the customers from any access but the signal strength. 4 years ago you could buy a 5101 premod, goto SBH, read for 15 minutes and get to the Google page. Not anymore. Not even close. It takes time, determination, loss of sleep and mental presence and then you just barely figure out what a cm does...then, you have to figure out how your ISP setup their security and then you have to figure out how to get your premod to give the headend what it wants to give you an ip....not a weekend crash course by any measure.

Range extender seems like a much faster route to what you really need. Someone recently mentioned that Optimum is still accessible with a clone but it seems unlikely to me. I could, of course, be wrong...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helpless and in need of a helpful hand - SB5101 - by southernyankey1970 - 09-09-2014, 01:25 AM