Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5100 / SB5101 - Newbie and lost!
Hi, I have made some progress. I have found that BlackCat (SchwarzeKatze build 128) works fine with both the SB5100 and SB5101 using an LPT jtag cable. I could not find a way to download the SB5101 2mb factory flash, but think I have done it properly using JtagUtility_1.3. I also used Jtag Utility v1.3 to obtain the certs in CFG.bin from the SB5101, then used cmnonexp111 to extract the 5x certs.

So I think I now have a good backup of the SB5101

Next step. Getting the certs into the SB5100

I tried using the program IP Full 6.1 (in Spanish language) to upload the 5x certs. I know that IP Full is communicating with the SB5100. I select the "certificados" tab and select the 5x certs. But when I click the "subir" (upload) I get an error message "Factory mode no esta activado". But I am sure that factory mode is activated. I have set this in the SB5100mod GUI and also have done it using the Telnet with the commands.

cd /
cd n/s
allow_config true
write

Which appears to be accepted.

I have also tried activating the Factory Mode "Activar" utility in IPFull's Snmp - Tftp section. But I get the error 'snmpset' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Here I get stuck.... any ideas?

Questions.

1. Is there another way that I can try to upload the Certs to the SB5100?
2. Is it safe to install Haxorware into the SB5101? In doing so will the certs (which are working fine on the factory software) get erased?

I do realise that I seem to be using an ancient software, but ATM I cannot justify the $70-100 + shipping cost to Mexico of better USB tools) - at least until I get a handle on what I am doing.....

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
SB5100 / SB5101 - Newbie and lost! - by grahamgo - 16-07-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: SB5100 / SB5101 - Newbie and lost! - by grahamgo - 17-07-2014, 11:09 PM