Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5100 / SB5101 - Newbie and lost!
I have been surfing this forum and reading various threads for days now, but feel basically lost and not really sure where to start or indeed if what I want to try is actually possible. I would be delighted to receive a little guidance from someone.

Situation. I am subscribed to a cable service I am issued an SB5101, I would like to "adjust" the download/upload speeds if possible. I also own an SB5100, this is running SB5100Mod. I initially just copied the SB5101 s/n and MAC's to the SB5100. I find the SB5100 appears to go through the whole process of initializing but skips the last part "Initialize Baseline Privacy"

From reading this forum I understand that this is because the SB5100 is missing some certs? I assume that if the SB5100 did have the correct certs, then there might be the possibility to modify the CFG file to "adjust" the up/down speeds? Or do the cert's also determine the modem's speed parameter's?

So I imagine a couple of possibilities :-

1). Somehow extract the SB5101 certs and get them into the SB5100.

2). Modify the SB5101 with Haxorware - without disturbing the certs (I still have a PC with a parallel port and the SB5100 Jtag cable adapter, it does appears that the SB5101 has the same Jtag connections?

Despite reading the threads, it's just not clear to me if I can attempt the above, or even if the above is the best route, or indeed if its even possible.

I would really appreciate a little help or guidance. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
SB5100 / SB5101 - Newbie and lost! - by grahamgo - 16-07-2014, 08:49 PM