Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A little help to the new guy..
Brick 
Where to start?
Well I currently have brighthouse ISP which belongs to RR in florida.

They gave me a WebStar DPX2203 modem to provide for the internet service of course paying..

I have a SB5100 with MoD firmware on it which I used to spoof the MAC of the webstar modem to see if i was able to get the CM file, but to my surprise it seems like this provider is encrypting the file since the name comes out to be: TFTP Config ?BHEfFl435vd2z5ccbvultR567g - <<--- I know right ??? So obviously I cannot download the CM and use something like DiFileCPE to change the CM file. I also get an Error message saying 0x041D2C1C Configuration File CVC Validation Failure which for what I have read in the forum looks to me like it might be the certificates ?

I tried changing from DOCSIS 1 to 1.1 and also enabling and disabling the BPI and BPI+, but no success at all.. <<-- big surprise..

I downloaded a few tools from here like: FastCert v0.3, SNMPRape v1.1, even CertTxT v1.0; but which modem do I have to obtain the certificates the webstar or the SB5100 ? Also how can I know which range I have to scan ? cause scanning 16.7 million ip address will take ages lol 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 ...

When I scan with DHCP Force for some reason it doesn't get any MAC nor any info at all..

What do I need to make this work? Any tips or ideas will be greatly appreciated.!!! Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
A little help to the new guy.. - by Alexiusvlad - 22-02-2014, 08:31 PM