Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie here but not to hobby, need some info 5100,5101
Thumbs Down 
Hey all,
Found this site doing some Google searching :-)

Need some info, I've been in this hobby for about 7 yrs or so now, been online since,
I have a 5100 and 5101, one running sbmod and other haxorware revision 29
Both have been running good, running both same mac in different locations, same city though, once and awhile one will go down ab swapping modems from locations solves the trick, Sam thing happened yesterday, but the 5100 is now down at both locations, only reason I think why is because of the 5100s lack of cert files, is there anyway to load them to it? I really something about using ipfull?

Also have a few other questions, I'm getting about 20 300mbs down and 2 up, I know locally two has other speed options, 100megs down which they call wide band, is this docsis 3.0? Is there a modem that's capable of being modded to access this speeds here locally?

Also I had a friend who "showed me the ropes" and got me going with all this, he had a program that would scan certain "ranges" and pull the cert files and list them in order of the modem model, I need to get started with this again, and bee to get "pointed in the right direction"

Thanks everyone

Messages In This Thread
Newbie here but not to hobby, need some info 5100,5101 - by intheb0x - 22-05-2013, 03:51 AM