Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have any information on this config file?
As some of you may know and from my posts, I don't post a bunch and when I do it's legit valid questions or conversation. Atleast with what I know I try to contribute.

Anyways, the other night my internet connection slowed down to nothing. I was downloading a file and it slowed to like 10kb/s crazy!

So half tired, before I chalk it up to the source I'm downloading from is slow, or that my router or modem needs a reboot. I came to the conclusion to look at my modems info page and saw the config " d11_abusesuspend.cm " on my 5101

I have never seen that before, it's either a valid working config or a walledgarden. With this config I can still surf and everything, but it's super slow. I've always read and tried to figure things out on my own, as I have with any tech that I work with.

Anybody have some information for me on this config? I know the new six strikes antipiracy thing was enacted Monday. It also is said by the ISP's that they won't disable your internet but slow it down and do some browser hijacking to alert you of your activities and how to stop downloading illegal files. Does this config file expire after a couple days? (I saw that was mentiond too about the six strikes) But I can't call them and be like, hey my modem is being slow, I need you to reset it and I won't download anything you guys call illegal. Since my subscription is fine.

My tester 5101 has that config, but my subscribed is working fine.

I'm a paranoid person, so I like to have my test modem to do some of my downloading for shows I like that I can't get otherwise. I don't download alot each month, only about 20gb or so.

I also know, a telnet log, etc. I'm just making conversation and hoping for some to throw out some idas or things to get my mind thinking before I dig deep into messing with my test modem today. If you read this far, woo. I'm on CC.

I keep adding things at the end, I'm not looking to get super fast speeds on my test modem, just the basic 3mb or so down I believe. So I'm not trying to get business class speeds or anything. I'm just testing with privacy in mind, if there is any left with all these govt things going on with freedom and information.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone have any information on this config file? - by diabls - 28-02-2013, 09:34 PM