Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie willing & ready to learn - with a question
(09-10-2010, 11:25 AM)drewmerc Wrote: 1 you can never talk to much
2 you never said what your stock modem model is
3 i'll give you whatever guidance i can (but to be honest i dont like giving straight answers, pointers are more of my thing)

answers to your questions
1 sounds fine
2 soldering dont worry about it (it is not hard at all and not needed much if at all, depends on your modem but then theres normally a way around it)
3 maybe depends on the stock modem
4 ruin your stock, i doubt it (tho never say never)

thanx 4 the reply the stock cm is a 5101u.. i think i heard u can flash it with sigma but not haxorware compatible (could be wrong) .. im not apposed to flashing it now that ive taken the premod apart n seen how simple the mb is on these things lol.

and pointers r fine exsactly what im looking for lol

ive read and seen tuts on dumping cm's but have never done it and kinda unsure of the process ... to my knowledge it seems u just need to get the pin headers placed , need an interface cable and just get ur read out from the stock modem . Without modifing it at all (software based) is this correct ?

and in doing so im sure ill end up with this dump file ... then what ? lol can u point me in the direction of extracting the certs from that . Was kinda my goal of the morning but sbhackers went down for hardware matainence , kinda spoiled my plans lol

one more thing .. im not apposed to just calling my provider n letting them know i have a new modem ( cop out lol) but of course with the advanced functions of this firmeware i would like to play with the settings and bypass them all together , and in doing so learn alittle. The question is : im under the assumption haxorware software is created using the stock modems firmware + some mods , Will this modem behave any differently then a regular modem ( other then the settings i force it to change). Will anyone without physical access to the modem be able to tell the difference once i get it to clone my stock ? (will i end up calling the isp and getting the modem registered anyway lol)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie willing & ready to learn - with a question - by blackout.king - 09-10-2010, 07:58 PM