Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UBFI1 vs UBFI2
Hey guys,

Is it ok to swap the stock firmware on UBFI1 with UBFI2?
I have a SB6141 that has 1.0.6.16 on UBFI1 and 1.0.7.0 on UBFI. I want UBFI1 to have 1.0.7.0.
I tried to have the modem start with UBFI1 and have the ISP upgrade it. I see the modem upgrading but what actually happens is that it switching to UBFI 2 where 1.0.7.0 is.
When the cable co pushes a update, it is flashed to the non active partition, then after reboot that partition will become the active partition.
(26-08-2020, 02:06 AM)ricktendo Wrote: When the cable co pushes a update, it is flashed to the non active partition, then after reboot that partition will become the active partition.

Okay, thanks for that info. Can i swap between UBFI's without messing things up?
Although i can't imagine reason you want to do that.
You can swap firmwares changing boot sector and forcing up/downgrade to non active sector from ISP's servers or own server with this useful commands;

/usr/sbin/printenv ACTIMAGE
/usr/sbin/setenv ACTIMAGE <sector>
/usr/sbin/sw_dl <trigger> <sector> <filename> <IP type> <server address> <interface name> [-d <dest point>] [-n]
               Available triggers: 0-provisioning, 1-SNMP, 2-production, 3-NMGT retry, 4-eGW recovery
(29-08-2020, 04:16 PM)elbarto Wrote: Although i can't imagine reason you want to do that.
You can swap firmwares changing boot sector and forcing up/downgrade to non active sector from ISP's servers or own server with this useful commands;

/usr/sbin/printenv ACTIMAGE
/usr/sbin/setenv ACTIMAGE <sector>
/usr/sbin/sw_dl <trigger> <sector> <filename> <IP type> <server address> <interface name> [-d <dest point>] [-n]
               Available triggers: 0-provisioning, 1-SNMP, 2-production, 3-NMGT retry, 4-eGW recovery

Interesting. Thank you.