Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone plz help me
(13-09-2019, 10:48 PM)aztec714 Wrote: You taking it to the extreme eltremendo

this is for research purpose. no one will share it. back in 1990 you could it have scanned them with snmp 2
Can a file be edit with excentis?
If its possible what is needed?
I keep getting a cvc error on forceware an stuck on preregistion
I did 8hr no results.
(18-09-2019, 03:07 AM)aztec714 Wrote: Can a file be edit with excentis?
If its possible what is needed?
I keep getting a cvc error on forceware an stuck on preregistion
I did 8hr no results.

Nope, to edit a config and for it to works you need to know the shared key that is generated at the ISP, that's why you're getting a CVC error.
That's sucks major donkey butthole...
Then how is a config file pulled out? Its weird because I got a config file working. Why couldn't you just edit the speed, click,click bang 1 gig
What's stopping it from working when you edit?
When the ISP send a config to the modem it generate a Shared key, that shared key permit the ISP to recognize the config as valid, when you edit the config in any program like vultureware or excentis you will need to know this key so the config will be accepted by the ISP, if you save the config without that shared key the ISP will reject the config because can't validate it. Any ISp with some grade of security won't accept edited configs nowadays.
So how do you pull the shared key ? From working config
(23-09-2019, 04:50 AM)aztec714 Wrote: So how do you pull the shared key ? From working config

If only it was that easy! Shared Key is is hashed with HMAC-MD5. Though I will say, going in this direction is nearly pointless.
You should really read up on Cisco CMTS setup PDFs. Those of us that learned the hard way will only spoon feed you so much. You've been here a member long enough to know better.
Neo, dont make me give all the colored pills..