Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haxorware 1.1 vs infinite
I started with the coax mods about 4.5-5y ago... with sigma 1.x, 4200/4100 and 5100/5101 later. 3-4 years ago it became more important to run on Docsis2, sigmax had problems.... it sucked, finally SB5100MOD by tplewa worked for me best ( still using it ). for 5101 infinite f/w based on sigmax also was doing a good job, without much hassle, no reboots on torrents or usenet... Haxorware 1.1 rev XX ( whatever was "current" 2 years ago ) gave me some trouble, it did not stay for too long in the flash...
I am on RR, dynamic configs, TWC replaced all or most 1 & 1.1 in the area, plus, the UL/DL speeds used to be way lower on 1.x f/w...
I would like to know how HaxorWare is now compared to 2y ago? I like the interface, but performance results were not top of the line... I cannot find info what docsis it likes - is it 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0? ( I doubt that it was 2.0 2y ago when I was testing it )
Thanks a lot!

ps: sb5100mod last reboot - around 1TB transferred in the meantime ( usenet rocks - torrent sucks ):

Code:
2010-04-03 00:24:57     7-Information     0x848E0004     I500.0 Registration Completed

since you last tested haxor the biggest change will be the fact there are 2 versions, just for the reasons you mentioned (diag and lite)

diag includes diagnostic output and console but might not perform optimally on a 8mb ram modem. lite does not support spi flash based modems but has less ram usage

personal experience with haxor and usenet is i have never had any sort of problem (using diag with 8mb ram), 20 connections and never had any slowdown or crashes even when using a 50mb config (getting about 35mb down but this was due to a modem limitation before the isp blocked the config)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Thank you for your response drewmerc, with low simultaneous connections even sigma 13x-14x was quite stable, dc++ or torrent sigma was dead after a few minutes with 2000+ max connections on the client. Is Haxorware 1.1 Docsis2.0 or 1.x?
you said "lite" does not support spi based modems... do you mean max232+tftp or dhcp_force update method modems? like the popular rca/thomson or arris boxes?
and 35Mbit down is still good - around 42 is the channel max for docsis ( unless you're located in EuDocsis area ) - are you running docsis 1.x or 2.0 on your Haxor 1.1?
This is quite some time, but as far I remember sb5100mod by tplewa generates the certs, so it is not required to preserve the original one... am I right?

Thanks!

- 4am, got to take a nap..
docsis2 with legitimate certs depending on your isp haxor can fake sign certs
spi is a type of flash chip(over simplification) , sb5101 is tsop48 flash based and an ambit256 is spi
(never seen a rca or arris modem as i am eurodocsis)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Haxorware beats infinite.