Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Smartphones, anyone?
(26-02-2013, 01:47 AM)Florida Wrote: i can't tell if merc is just trolling like usual or if hes being honest?

i'm being honest, i have a shit ton of barely usable computer equipment, this laptop being the best of a bad bunch, here's some pics of my shed (yes my work shed is a caravan as i needed a new shed and this was free and has better seating than a wood shed)

[Image: 007pkl.th.jpg]
[Image: 009ojgl.th.jpg]
[Image: 010zcm.th.jpg]
[Image: 011rjz.th.jpg]

i should add that yes all the cupboard are also filled with computer crap
[Image: 012whw.th.jpg]
[Image: 014vtu.th.jpg]

looking around i have come to the conclusion that the only thing in here that i have not repaired (altho i was given it for repairing a computer) is my laser printer
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
i have so much crap because i enjoy fixing shit
__________________________________________________________________________________
of cause i dont do shit for free
(26-02-2013, 02:51 AM)Florida Wrote: do you at least make money of fixing stuff?

Last time I checked if you fix the things it should not be there left Junk in the corner. Throw that unfix able items mate.
I have a basement 20'x40'. It is packed full of old pc towers, 50+ dead gaming consoles.a bunch of dvd players. 4 large boxes of tangled wire, 3 desks setup for reball/soldering. 1 desk setup as a phone workshop, 1 desk dedicated to Motorola coax About 5 monitors in various places. and about 3 ddwrt clients. Thats just the basement . I wont get into my colossus htpc yet Smile

I could never ever toss this shit away. You may just see me on tv one day

I dont make any cash off my hobby. It pays me so much more by getting away from the wife
I dont make any cash off my hobby. It pays me so much more by getting away from the wife

Oh man do I ever agree!!!
Everytime I do a clean up/ toss out ... I need it like a month later. Always good to have parts laying around for repair , or my next diabolical project to overtake the world Smile
(28-02-2013, 01:39 AM)dishfear Wrote: Everytime I do a clean up/ toss out ... I need it like a month later.

Very true!

I have a somewhat minimal collection of computer junk that still has its uses. Mainly shoe boxes full of extra usb/power cables, one shoe box for audio/video cables only, one for extra game pads, and one for Gameboy stuff. In my closet are a few extra modems, along with a few handy boxes with screws and pin headers. I also use a bait-box to hold my soldering iron and supplies, it's actually perfect for holding all that.